Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 10:55:37 PM EDT
I have been registered with ar15.com for what I think is over a year and I have never been able to get the range locator to work.  I have 27 years' experience in computers, own my own computer consulting company, and have designed many databases, so I don't think I'm making an obvious error.  I am trying to produce a listing of Michigan ranges, but ANY result would be an improvement.  No matter what I do, no matter what criteria I enter or don't enter, the result is always "No ranges found." I have tried to get the range locator to work countless times, and with infinite variations in criteria, but the result is always "No ranges found." If this tool doesn't work, why leave it on the page? I requested help on this same problem before and  received  an  unsatisfactory answer, such as "We are looking into it."
If possible, please send your reply to [email protected].  Thank you.

- Beldar
Derek V. Pierson
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Derek.

I am sorry to hear that you're having problems here.  I will address with this the staff and get back to you as soon as I hear anything.  I just tried it myself and I see what you mean.

Thanks, and you can expect to hear from me shortly.

- IRE
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Derek.

The range locator is broken - It's on Goatboy's list to be repaired.

However, Striker found these two ranges for you:

Rose Lake Public Shooting Range
14500 Peacock Rd.
Bath MI.

Washtenaw Sportsmans Club
5095 Ellis Rd
Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Dear Ire, Pete, and Striker,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.  I'm between engagements and on the job market.  I sent out 350 resume's in the last month alone and received 8 replies. Then came second interviews, psychological testing, fingerprinting, background checking, and more negotiations.  Finally, after jumping through all those hoops and dancing and singing for a month, all but two said they changed their mind and won't be hiring because of the economy.  I can think of nothing else but making an unwholesome remark about a place where the sun don't shine.  

Thanks for the two ranges you described.  I've been living and shooting in this area now for 30 years, so I am familiar with most of the local ranges, but I don't have quite enough details to submit them all.  Most shooters around here just go to Williams Gun Sight Co., which is a very nice, well-equipped range, but it's limited to just 100 yards for rifle.  

I usually hang around mostly in Ammunition, which is Goatboy's area, I think.  Mayby I'll see if I can "inspire" him to fix the range locator.  Thanks again.

- Derek V. Pierson
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top