Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 1:35:27 PM EDT
GB - I have two little suggestions for the site.

1.  The "Active, My Active, and Search" buttons should be somewhere on the main page.  This is directly where so many of us go to immediately... that now we have to click "Forums" first, which takes a while to load.

2.  The "My Active Topics" button.  Originally, this was set to a max 24 hour period, resetting at Midnight every night.  I know we requested it not to reset at midnight, but just show active topics based on some hourly setting.  However, now it seems that hourly amount is very short.  I can contribute on a topic, then log in what seems like ony a few hours, and that topic wont be in my "Active topics" list.  Makes the button less and less useable.  Since I would venture many of us check the site on a daily basis, it sure would be nice for the "My Active" filter to show topics a user has been a part of, that have had activity in the last 24 hours.  I know the window is much shorter now.  This way, people could log in, and quickly find topics they have contributed to, and see if there is any activity in the previous 24 hour period.  Am I explaining this clearly?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to see them repeated on the bottom of each page as well. That way after reading to the bottom of a topic you can just hit "Active Topics" and it would take you back to where you were, scanning the active topics.

[:)]

-elliott
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
GB - I have two little suggestions for the site.

1.  The "Active, My Active, and Search" buttons should be somewhere on the main page.  This is directly where so many of us go to immediately... !
View Quote

Got my vote.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I like both of FALARAK's suggestions. I would like to add one more thing: for the my active topics, make it so each user can select how long a topic is considered "active" before it falls off of the list. Right now for me it seems to reset at midnight. Make it so I can select 24,48,or 72 hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top