Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2001 11:27:38 PM EDT
I know I am going to get flamed for this but here it goes. How about charging $9.95 a year to make postes on the sight. If you dont want to pay you can just read. I think charging a small fee for the use of the site and to make postes might help to weed out the trolls.

Six
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several ideas that would make this unnecessary, but I guess no one cares and I'm not giving them out for free.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I would gladly pay 10 bucks a year....  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure worth it!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Just do it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Im in! I think it is a great idea.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sixgun - I've been promoting a $10-15 yearly feet for quite some time now.  It seems that the admin. just doesn't want to lose people, or hasn't seriously considered it yet.  Personally, I'd think it help out Ed/Ed Sr. a bunch:  If 3000 members sign for $10/year, that's $30K that can be used to pay the upkeep on the server.  *wink wink, administrators*

Trickshot - I don't blame you not wanting to divulge costly financial-aid benefit advice, but I suggest you talk to the admins nonetheless and give them hints on how they can sustain bandwidth, without losing money.  Personally, I like having AR15.com without any advertisements whatsoever, but if it came to punches, I would not mind having them if it meant the survival of the server.

My Opinion:  For the [i]Equipment Exchange alone[/i], this site deserve to have some sort of pay feature.  Just a thought, as always from your friendly neighborhood Jew.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have several ideas that would make this unnecessary, but I guess no one cares and I'm not giving them out for free.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

trickshot

What the point of your post.  You don't care to assist the site because the information is of value  ?  Interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top