Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2020 2:03:47 PM EDT
Could the ignore reason be added to the closed post bar for a user on the ignore list?  There are enough users on the site now that reasons matter.  Is the user one that stalks someone from threat to thread posting jabs, do they just post nonsense/garbage all day, or a common troll?

The message "User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Click Here to view this post." would look like these 3 examples:
"User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Reason:  stalker, personal attacks.   Click Here to view this post."
"User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Reason:  thread derailer -- douchebag - exaggerator. Click Here to view this post."
"User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Reason: Ignorant, disrespectful, newbie. Click Here to view this post."

The first reason I won't even bother clicking, the second one tells me to take their post with a grain of salt, the third one is just a general warning of what the content might be and the understanding that they might grow out of their behavior once they are on the site longer.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Could the ignore reason be added to the closed post bar for a user on the ignore list?  There are enough users on the site now that reasons matter.  Is the user one that stalks someone from threat to thread posting jabs, do they just post nonsense/garbage all day, or a common troll?

The message "User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Click Here to view this post." would look like these 3 examples:
"User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Reason:  stalker, personal attacks.   Click Here to view this post."
"User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Reason:  thread derailer -- douchebag - exaggerator. Click Here to view this post."
"User XXXXXXXXXXX is being ignored. Reason: Ignorant, disrespectful, newbie. Click Here to view this post."

The first reason I won't even bother clicking, the second one tells me to take their post with a grain of salt, the third one is just a general warning of what the content might be and the understanding that they might grow out of their behavior once they are on the site longer.  

View Quote

That's easy enough to do on the frontend with something like ViolentMonkey, GreaseMonkey, or other userscript extensions, I guess.

Like this?
Usefulness depends entirely on how good you are at entering good ignore reasons.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's easy enough to do on the frontend with something like ViolentMonkey, GreaseMonkey, or other userscript extensions, I guess.

Like this?
Usefulness depends entirely on how good you are at entering good ignore reasons.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168544/2020-11-30-195009_1920x1080_scrot_png-1708999.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168544/2020-11-30-195009_1920x1080_scrot_png-1708999.JPG

That is what I'm looking for.  I use broad categories for my ignore reasons which would work good enough.  Guess I will have to look into playing with web extensions...or since all the data is already coming from this site it could just be added to the graybar text.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is what I'm looking for.  I use broad categories for my ignore reasons which would work good enough.  Guess I will have to look into playing with web extensions...or since all the data is already coming from this site it could just be added to the graybar text.  
View Quote

I've been using my script for a little while now and I'm happy enough with it.
For now you can find the userscript here and some instructions here that'll show you where to paste in that code.
It'll break if arfcom changes so keep that in mind, but it'll work for now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Got it working.  This has come in handy recently to filter out a lot of noise in some of the threads.  Thank you for putting together that script.

I tweaked the display line, replacing the innerText with an innerHTML, forced some spacing, and change the font color and weight.  The site won't let me put the code here, not even in a code block, so I'm adding an image of the changes and what it looks like when it renders.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got it working.  This has come in handy recently to filter out a lot of noise in some of the threads.  Thank you for putting together that script.

I tweaked the display line, replacing the innerText with an innerHTML, forced some spacing, and change the font color and weight.  The site won't let me put the code here, not even in a code block, so I'm adding an image of the changes and what it looks like when it renders.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/ig_code_JPG-1725258.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/ig_code1_JPG-1725259.jpg

View Quote

Very welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top