Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2021 11:17:04 PM EDT
Got the opportunity to get a 2007 honda recon ex 250.  Hasn't been started in 3 years.  Seems to be in tack with about an inch of dust on it.  What is it worth if changing all fluids and a carb cleaning is all that is needed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I sold an 05 last Christmas for 2500. Was red, manual and in good shape.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say sub 1,000 in that condition.
2wd utility 4 wheelers usually don't go for a whole lot anyway.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
if you can get for 1k or less grab it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy it for as cheap as you can, needless to say.

But if I were selling what you described, I'd be asking at least $2k. Maybe $2.5k in this current market where everything is hard to find.  The dust doesn't bother me. That can be cleaned. They're ~5k brand new. Those 250's are great machines. The don't have a lot that breaks on them.

I just sold a 2005 Foreman that had a broken A arm mount for $1500.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two 2009 Honda
Recon 250's and they do well in everything but the snow.  They'll still go in 2 to 4"....but start plowing the front tires at 5" or so up.

After all these years, both still running strong.

Only main issue we've had with either unit...and it's a known one...is there is some rubber o-ring or gasket that slowly dissolves over time in the carb if it sits too long, and causes it to stall, or not idle, or die when put in gear.

Replace it, and run it year round, and it runs like a champ.  But plan on having to do it again if it sits without being run for over 6 to 8 months for a few years in a row.

Oh..and buy a cheap automatic battery maintainer at Harbor Freight and you won't have to replace batteries ever 2 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top