Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2021 5:53:14 PM EDT
Looking at picking up a Giant Trance E X+ Pro, anyone have one or something similar? I was on the fence on getting the Reign or Trance think I’m set on a Trance at this point, please share your experience if you’ve tried one thanks!

Trance

Reign
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged hoping this thread gets some action...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant afford one and the trails that would make the most sense to use it on don't allow them. There is an e-bike park not far from me. I've taken my regular bike there, but will be renting an e-bike next time I go. I am also the head coach for a high school cycling team. The thought did cross my mind to get one  just to keep up with the fastest kids.

I'm holding out for prices and weight to drop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a 2019  Commencal Meta Power on clearance. Last of the 27", but I see they brought them back.
Commencal

I bought it late summer. They had a few older bikes at a good discount

It is fun. 160mm of travel. Top of the line suspension. Not as fun as a normal down hill bike with a ski lift. The battery lasts way longer then I do. I also tow my son up hills. We are now as fast as the normal bikers. Most of the time I have it set in lowest power setting. I will even leave the motor off on flat stuff just to warm up fast.

I have found I get a better work out. Instead of getting tired fast and resting, I now go a lot longer and feel real tired after.  Also I am hitting jumps faster.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
No bike shop is going to tell you this but make sure you can legally ride it on your local trails. Big fine here in CT if you get caught with it on any natural surface trail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No bike shop is going to tell you this but make sure you can legally ride it on your local trails. Big fine here in CT if you get caught with it on any natural surface trail.
View Quote

Well that is bizarre.  Around here, E-MTB's are encouraged to ride on all of the bicycle / non-motorized trails.  It's awesome and everyone's getting along wonderfully.  Lot's of new riders and tons of old dudes that had to give up bicycles due to age and injury are out riding again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
They are prohibited in national forests where motorized vehicles are prohibited. The private, county, and city trails are inconsistent with their rules. The national forest trails is where I see the most use for me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had a bunch of different mtb in past 10 years. I picked up a Trek Rail 7 and it’s been the best bike I have ever owned. I ride to enjoy it not to be some KOM Strava champion. The E-MTB has brought back the passion to riding again. I have never connected with a bike as much as the rail. The geo is great and handles like any other bike I have ridden. You don’t notice the weight really once pointed down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top