Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 1:51:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: longhorn789]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless the pastor's name is Jim Jones and you see kool-aid packets going in the back door I'd be more concerned about corruption/indoctrination from other sources.  You talking about corruption at church, you referring to what exactly their beliefs vs. yours?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF?

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If you know and follow Christ better than a church can offer, why go?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hellishhorses] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
If you know and follow Christ better than a church can offer, why go?
View Quote

OP, do you not agree with the teachings of this church? Are they not Biblical? Too Biblical?

Stop sending them!

When our kids are asked about Santa or asked to participate in an egg hunt, they just don't make a big deal about it — I'm not raising easily-offended, need-to-speak-to-the-manager Karens.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Most homeschoolers I know go off the rails when they experience freedom from their parents boot on their neck.  Lots of ink, booze and drugs. Church is the least of the worries.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
OP,
What exactly are you talking?
The church you go to doesn't teach your core beliefs?
The youth program not run properly?
The other kids at church teaching your kids bad habits?
Clarify please...
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:05:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dschwartzaz2] [#7]
Sorry OP but based off the home-schoolers I see stumbling around my area a little outside influence would be the best thing possible.

You can spot those kids out in the world a mile away - and that is not a compliment (again in my area, YMMV)...
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#8]
You can also spot the homeschooled adults from a mile away.  They seem to be articulate, hard-working and good at solving problems.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:08:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KingRat] [#9]
Disregard. (Wrong section.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By texasjohn:
Most homeschoolers I know go off the rails when they experience freedom from their parents boot on their neck.  Lots of ink, booze and drugs. Church is the least of the worries.
View Quote

Having been homeschooled I tend to agree. After being homeschooled I went to a pretty strict seminary for a few years, ie no dancing or holding hands. Then I went into the Marines, barracks parties can be alot of fun
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: longhorn789] [#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
We used a Christian based system for a few years.  
The kids had questions because they are thinkers.
There was a bit of reality we had to inject into the course work.

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes her Sunday school was teaching about slavery and white guilt.

Phone calls were made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top