Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2018 12:18:39 PM EDT
My kids are now at the age where model rockets are fascinating, and I have boxes of old rockets to launch.

However, I have no motors, and quickly realized that hobbytown prices are rough.

Are there any good sources for 1/2 A through C size motors that are priced better than ebay?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You tube shows you how to make them easily.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazon

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
WalMart Search for Estes Engines

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hobby Lobby used to carry them I don't know if they do or not anymore I haven't been in one in a while
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Hobby Lobby + 40% off coupon = winning.

Not unusual for our local HL to have a bunch of rocket stuff on clearance.

I can't remember the last time I bought anything from HobbyClown.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
AC Supply
I only buy the bulk backs. Cheaper per engine, extra igniters & comes with wadding.
Clearance stuff from the Estes store as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AC Supply
I only buy the bulk backs. Cheaper per engine, extra igniters & comes with wadding.
Clearance stuff from the Estes store as well.
View Quote
Sweet. Their prices were the cheapest I have seen, but I had never heard of them.

Also, I found two boxes full of Estes bulk packs at my dad's house so I can wait on purchasing for a bit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Just checked for info on a local shop, and found they went out of business last year.  They were known for larger scale rocket projects, such as F, G, and larger motors.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#9]
The videos on how to make your own are good. That's what I would do. The ones in the shop are kind of crazy expensive for all they do.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hobby Lobby used to carry them I don't know if they do or not anymore I haven't been in one in a while
View Quote
They still do in my AO.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hobby Lobby + 40% off coupon = winning.

Not unusual for our local HL to have a bunch of rocket stuff on clearance.

I can't remember the last time I bought anything from HobbyClown.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top