Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2023 8:31:10 AM EDT
I'm not having much luck figuring out the age of this bottle.

Thought I might ask here in hopes one of you have run across this before and might have insight.

Belongs to a friend.  He wanted to open and I told him it has some value.  Now he's on hold until I figure this out.

Any help is awesome.  Pics below.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe contact this shop?

Lots of hits on Google for specialty shops / auction sites selling examples.  It's credited to Pappy Van Winkle (distiller).
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe contact this shop?

Lots of hits on Google for specialty shops / auction sites selling examples.  It's credited to Pappy Van Winkle (distiller).
View Quote

Its a Stitzel Weller distillery product. I know that.

I haven't been able to find an exact example online.  Bottles from the 70's are round and the labeling is different. I know this bottle predates 1972 because it still carries the Stitzel Weller distillery on the label.

I'm going to contact 2 auction sites, but wanted to see if I could gather info to compare it to what they tell me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ll ask on a local board for you and see what I can find.

Can you get a picture of the bottom of the bottle please and any additional information on the tax strip (series info if available)? @rob78

Eta: prelim info puts the bottle anywhere from 61-77 based on the strip but if you can get those pics, may be able to narrow down further
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’ll ask on a local board for you and see what I can find.

Can you get a picture of the bottom of the bottle please and any additional information on the tax strip (series info if available)? @rob78

Eta: prelim info puts the bottle anywhere from 61-77 based on the strip but if you can get those pics, may be able to narrow down further
View Quote

I'll get all the pics I can.  Here are some more:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]
That tax stamp (red paper) is from the 60’s IIRC.

Because it’s Weller, it might be worth a little…if you can find a buyer. I’d personally drink it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That tax stamp (red paper) is from the 60’s IIRC.

Because it’s Weller, it might be worth a little…if you can find a buyer. I’d personally drink it.
View Quote

There are bottles from the 70s that sold for a couple grand to $7k.  It's worth something. It's not mine to drink, the owner will probably sell it.  Just needs as much info as possible before reaching out to brokers/resellers.
Top Top