Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2018 7:56:37 PM EDT
I'm tired of pre-made juice. It's time to roll my own. What's the best one stop shop for DIY juice supplies?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
anywhere they sell fruit?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
in before "man Juice" comments
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You will be amazed at what it costs to make a 12oz glass of juice.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will be amazed at what it costs to make a 12oz glass of juice.
View Quote
This, I have made my own for years.  I do runs of 6 bottles of 250ml each and my cost is nearly non existent.

I get flavors and raw pg and vg from flavorist apprentice (subdivision of perfumers apprentice).  I got a pro account to buy in the larger sizes, and my normal order is 3 gallons vg, 1 gallon pg, a few 16 ounce bottles of my go to flavor, and some smaller sizes to try out. You will only have to make that order every couple years.

For nicotine base, I have a local shop that does vg based at 100mg, so every 6 months or so, I'll go grab a bottle from them, but I dont use much nicotine in mine.

My normal technique is as follows......
1. Pour about 100ml of premixed pg/vg into a 500ml beamer
2. Add flavor (most of my recipes end up at or under 25ml so that is the beaker size I use).
3. Add nicorine base. I like 2mg/ml, so it is only 5ml for me.
4. Add more pg/vg mix until you get to 250ml, then funnel that into a 8oz bottle.
5. Wash the beakers and funnel and repeat.
6. When all are made, shake well for a minute and store to steep.

All the beakers and funnel can be had on Amazon relatively cheap.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]
https://wizardlabs.us has everything you will need to get started.

I get stuff from all over, depending on sales and such. I like Essential Depot VG and buy it on Amazon by the gallon. I also get empty bottles on Amazon (I like the "510 Central" brand 60ml bottles). Flavorings I get from Wizard Labs and Bull City Flavors. Nicotine usually from Wizard Labs.

But again, Wizard Labs will have everything you need, if you're looking to get everything at once at the same time.

You'll have to decide how you want your nicotine. I always get 100mg/ml and I get it in 100% PG. 100% VG vs 100% PG vs 50/50 for nicotine base is personal preference.

I went all out when I first got into DIY and got beakers and a magnetic stir plate. I wish I could go back and save myself some money and skip all that, personally. If you're mixing by weight (which I much prefer over mixing by volume), then all you need is a digital scale, empty bottles and maybe some disposable pipettes for flavors and nicotine (some vendors rebottle flavors into squeeze bottles, which is really convenient). Throw an empty bottle on the scale, drop in all of your ingredients, shake bottle, done. I use this one and it works great. It's also about half the price that Wizard Labs charges for the same exact scale.

I use this site for calculations. And if you create an account (doesn't cost anything), you can save your own recipes, save other peoples' recipes, and input all the flavors you have and it will tell you what recipes you have the ingredients for.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Watched a bunch of videos about DIY e liquid and decided to go the easy route to begin.

I bought a 1 litre bottle of unflavored base 70/30 3mg nic from ecigexpress along with a 120ml bottle of flavor and some Chubby Gorilla bottles. Got a Triton T3 digital scale coming from Amazon cause from what I've seen mixing by weight is the way to go.

Thanks for the info I'll update this after I mix my first batch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top