Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 9:57:24 PM EDT
I want to make some great Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I've never made it before, have only had it from a local deli, but it's excellent.

Please share some recipes and tips for making some excellent soup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of what he cooks is pretty good.
Chicken Tortilla Soup - Sopa de Tortilla con Pollo
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.averiecooks.com/easy-30-minute-homemade-chicken-tortilla-soup/

I did this one a while back and it was very good. Used a rotisserie chicken. I didn’t have a jalapeño or any cilantro. I might cut back on the cumin next time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never had it but my dad makes it. His recipe calls for a can of ranch beans. He also adds a can of hominy.

There's so many different recipes I wouldn't know which one to try.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
In for suggestions! I love me some tortilla soup
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That Kent Rollins recipe is really good!
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Much like with clam chowders, you can make CTS with a thicker white creamy base, you can make it with a less viscous chicken broth base and then a less viscous tomato’y’ base.

Figure out first, what you might prefer?

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top