Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2008 12:33:00 PM EDT
Israel: When we say attack, we mean it
Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:30:56 GMT

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak says Israel is determined to use 'any option' to stop Iran's nuclear program should sanctions fail.

In a Wednesday interview with Al Jazeera television, Barak said while there is still time for diplomatic measures against Iran's nuclear program, other countries should not remove 'any option' from the table, an allusion to the military option.

Tel Aviv and Washington accuse Iran, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), of making efforts to develop nuclear arms, and under such pretext have threatened to launch air strikes against Iranian nuclear facilities.

This is while the UN body responsible for monitoring Iranian nuclear activities has confirmed that Tehran's uranium enrichment is far below the level required for nuclear arms production.

"The time is still for diplomacy and sanctions, but much more effective sanctions. We keep saying that we do not remove any option from the table. I propose to others not to remove any option from the table as well. But when we say it, we mean it," Barak said.

According to Pentagon officials, Israel conducted a military maneuver over the eastern Mediterranean and Greece in early June in preparation for a war on Iran.

Over 100 Israeli F-16 and F-15 jets took part in the exercise, which spanned nearly 900 miles, roughly the distance between their airfields and Iran's nuclear enrichment facility in Natanz.

In reaction to Israeli threats, Iran has recently revamped its fighter jets to fly distances of 3,000 kilometers without refueling, which would allow them to fly to Israel and back.

www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=68385§ionid=351020104
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
After the vote last week to not allow Iran to have nukes, I think they will now.  I also can see it happening before the end of the year.

HH
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
See above.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
While there are those here who dream of war, I'll think of peace.............and contemplate Israel's next enemy.  (Guess there is always Lebanon but that last foray didn't turn out too well.)

5sub
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I gotta say, all this bickering back and forth is some 3rd grade playground bullshit. Dont keep saying your gonna attack, just do it already.
You gotta give russia some credit in that department. They said they were going to help their people in south ossentia (sp?) and what do you know, here comes the russian war machine out of mothballs with a fresh coat of paint.
If your at the bar and some dude is feeling up your ole lady, what are you gonna do? Keep telling him your gonna beat his ass if he does'nt knock it off or are you gonna shove your shoe up his ass so far he has to open his mouth for your to tie the laces?

Edit due to mixed metaphores
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
While there are those here who dream of war, I'll think of peace.............and contemplate Israel's next enemy.  (Guess there is always Lebanon but that last foray didn't turn out too well.)

5sub

Good for you for thinking only of peace.  
I just wish you would think of peace here in this forum rather than accusing people in here of being war-mongers.
You often contribute good insight to the discussions here, but other times you sound like a broken record player.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

I just wish you would think of peace here in this forum rather than accusing people in here of being war-mongers.
You often contribute good insight to the discussions here, but other times you sound like a broken record player.

Some people here 'are' war-mongers.  Or does that matter to you ??

I would never sound like a "broken record player" as a broken record player wouldn't play.  Also, I use Blue Ray CD's and not records.

5sub

Simpson, nice double for you and the 'dealer'.  The 'dealer' sends me a confidential; IM while you attack me on the board.  BRAVO !!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak says Israel is determined to use 'any option' to stop Iran's nuclear program should sanctions fail.

In a Wednesday interview with Al Jazeera television, Barak said while there is still time for diplomatic measures against Iran's nuclear program, other countries should not remove 'any option' from the table, an allusion to the military option.

Tel Aviv and Washington accuse Iran, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), of making efforts to develop nuclear arms, and under such pretext have threatened to launch air strikes against Iranian nuclear facilities.

This is while the UN body responsible for monitoring Iranian nuclear activities has confirmed that Tehran's uranium enrichment is far below the level required for nuclear arms production.

"The time is still for diplomacy and sanctions, but much more effective sanctions. We keep saying that we do not remove any option from the table. I propose to others not to remove any option from the table as well. But when we say it, we mean it," Barak said.

According to Pentagon officials, Israel conducted a military maneuver over the eastern Mediterranean and Greece in early June in preparation for a war on Iran.

Over 100 Israeli F-16 and F-15 jets took part in the exercise, which spanned nearly 900 miles, roughly the distance between their airfields and Iran's nuclear enrichment facility in Natanz.

In reaction to Israeli threats, Iran has recently revamped its fighter jets to fly distances of 3,000 kilometers without refueling, which would allow them to fly to Israel and backget shot down..

fixed it.

edited to add:  Peace is not the correct avenue here.  Peace has gotten nowhere.  Diplomacy and negotiation only work when they are backed by the credible threat of force.  Through history, just about every major problem between nations / peoples has been solved through violence.  It is the only solution.

War is ALWAYS the answer.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

Some people here 'are' war-mongers.  Or does that matter to you ??

I would never sound like a "broken record player" as a broken record player wouldn't play.  Also, I use Blue Ray CD's and not records.

5sub

Simpson, nice double for you and the 'dealer'.  The 'dealer' sends me a confidential; IM while you attack me on the board.  BRAVO !!

Did I miss your public posts opposing the killing of 60,000,000 men, women and children ??  Or is killing 60,000,000 Iranians alright with you.

5sub
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In reaction to Israeli threats, Iran has recently revamped its fighter jets to fly distances of 3,000 kilometers without refueling, which would allow them to fly to Israel and backget shot down..

fixed it.

edited to add:  Peace is not the correct avenue here.  Peace has gotten nowhere.  Diplomacy and negotiation only work when they are backed by the credible threat of force.  Through history, just about every major problem between nations / peoples has been solved through violence.  It is the only solution.

War is ALWAYS has been the answer.

Historically, you are certainly correct.   However, with many countries with huge stock piles of nuclear weapons, I no longer believe that war is the answer.

5sub
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]

dalesimpson

I've responded to the dealer's IM.

5sub
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fixed it.

Historically, you are certainly correct.   However, with many countries with huge stock piles of nuclear weapons, I no longer believe that war is the answer.

5sub

Sure it is.  It is the ONLY answer.  Unfortunately, we have adopted some sort of weak don't-strike-first position, and those who don't strike first are often left with TRYING to strike second, after being decimated.  We could win easily, if we would but ask ourselves one question, and then follow through.

What would Attila do?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fixed it.

5sub

Sure it is.  It is the ONLY answer.  Unfortunately, we have adopted some sort of weak don't-strike-first position, and those who don't strike first are often left with TRYING to strike second, after being decimated.  We could win easily, if we would but ask ourselves one question, and then follow through.

What would Attila do?

What would Attila do?

Not sure what Attila would do.  However, if Attila just threatened to attack *I* would surrender !!  

5sub
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fixed it.

5sub

What would Attila do?

What would Attila do?

Not sure what Attila would do.  However, if Attila just threatened to attack *I* would surrender !!  

5sub

See?  You understand perfectly.  The reason you would surrender, is you ALREADY KNOW that resisting Attila would result in absolute decimation.  

If the rest of the world ABSOLUTELY KNEW that about US, then they would think twice before sending their brainwashed kids to crash planes full of people into buildings filled with my friends and countrymen.  That means we need to make a REAL EXAMPLE of some particular geographic area of the world, that has been causing the west problems for over 2,000 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top