Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2010 1:40:01 PM EDT
I posted here not too long ago about getting a new puppy. Well, the breeder was feeding them veRUS and we plan to continue this diet. After reading all the reviews and getting a better idea of what holistic dog food really meant I began to wonder...... If it is human grade could it be higher quality than say... Taco Bell? Could I eat this? I haven't gotten drunk enough to try, but the ingredients are all natural. So what say all of you?
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for it, not going to do much but taste like ass. Its called human grade for a reason haha
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Throw it in a frying pan and try it. If you survive let us know how it tasted.
Old folks living on very little have been know to eat dog and cat food.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
hahah, if someone is that old and in need of eating dog food they probably aren't buying holistic dog food...
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Why couldn't a human eat dog food? I really wonder about some of you if SHTF.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Read Viktor Balenko's book.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why couldn't a human eat dog food? I really wonder about some of you if SHTF.

SHTF and curiosity are two completely different scenarios. If worse came to worse I would eat anything that has nutrients. I know some of the "cheaper" dog foods have warning labels stating not for human consumption.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I was known to eat dog biscuits after a few beers, so yes you can eat dog food.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
you might end up like this lady if you try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGGmokCZIw
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I am surprised the .gov is letting say it is human grade. Once any food source enters a animal feed production area it is no longer human grade. It does sound like it is good enough to eat though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe Dinki-Di is human grade.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
That dog food is probably all feet and holes anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Kibble tastes terrible. Bland and salty.

<––- But she likes it
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:53:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I can't speak of the particular food you're talking about, but Honest Kitchen says you can eat their dog food.  They taste sample each batch they make, FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quite common to hear WW2 tales of escaped Prisoner of War & downed aircrew eating tins of dog & cat food that they found to keep going

Given the way my dog refuses some of what my girlfriend cooks/cremates, on some days I think the dog has a better diet than me
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread inspired me to try the Kirkland Puppy Chow that my puppy eats.  Its not as good as a milk bone treat, but its not bad
I have some dog food in my Plane kit, and used it while hiking one time when weight was a serious issue.  

Warning: eat too much and you'll get gas
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This thread inspired me to try the Kirkland Puppy Chow that my puppy eats.  Its not as good as a milk bone treat, but its not bad
I have some dog food in my Plane kit, and used it while hiking one time when weight was a serious issue.  

Warning: eat too much and you'll get gas

hahaha, that explains why we have the smelliest dog in the world. He must average a fart every 10 minutes. It is unreal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Kibble tastes terrible. Bland and salty.
<––- But she likes it

Hell, my Weimar will eat anything. I'm glad she can't speak, otherwise she'd be calling somebody claiming she's never fed.

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top