Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2021 10:20:46 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for the best clip on/pocket style amp. I'm talking about an actual powered amp that produces sound from the unit. I see there are lots of micro units that you plug in earphones to. Bluetooth to my AirPods would be a plus.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a Smokey for over a decade. Simple, but it just works. Mine is one of the plastic-cased versions.

Looks like they aren't currently available as they are apparently moving shop, though. https://smokeyamps.com
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
you arent going to see any with Bluetooth due to latency except for the high dollar headphone based one (boss/katana?)
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Electroharmonix 44 Magnum pedal amp.
But it still requires a speaker box (I have it mated to a Fender Champ 112 box).
But that's not what you're asking, right?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Have a fender mustang micro heaphone amp. It doesn't work with bluebooth headphones, only wired ones. You can use bluebooth to have your phone play a backing track. You can also output to the PC via USB if you want to record. I like it a lot. Andertons has two videos on it. One just using it with a guitar and another where they use it for all kind of other  things like pedals and as a keyboard amp and such. It plugs into the guitar and folds to just stay at the guitar and all you need are headphones. Rechargable via usb and good for several hours.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one of these for Xmas and use it occasionally at the office.  Its slightly larger than most but it does have a clip and and amp modeling is better than most pocket amps. you can patch in another audio source, which i do with a small BT adapter.  i use monitor headphone and sometimes earpods (wired, not BT) with it. $50 on amazon,  AC adapter included. Delay, verb, modulation (nearly useless) and a useful drum machine with metronome option. Also has a bass amp model.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@retroangles
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The only "pocket" amp I have that actually has a speaker is the Blackstar Fly 3. It's ok, but not mind blowing. I use it on the workbench when I'm working on my guitars.

I've also been having fun with my Nux Mighty Plug. It's got some pretty good amps and IRs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top