Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2020 12:26:24 AM EDT
Holy shit they are getting low on guitars.  They only had 4 Carvins where they usually had 4 pages of them. Only a couple American Jacksons, 1 American Charvel.  I hope it's because their stores are closed so no one can go trade them in.  I've got some great deals there over the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Made an offer on a used bass today at an out of state GC store.  The web sales guy said the store was still open but no one answered the phone. Made an offer of 75% of listed price by email and still waiting on reply...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just looking and they are not showing any used stuff at all and my local store has no items listed for shop this store.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just Facebook info, but I've read the inventory from closed locations isn't showing online.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Made an offer on a used bass today at an out of state GC store.  The web sales guy said the store was still open but no one answered the phone. Made an offer of 75% of listed price by email and still waiting on reply...
View Quote

After reaching the store manager in IL we found out their used department (?) wouldn't be working for another 2 weeks (est) so no prices could be reduced and no used gear would ship.  Kudos to the manager for answering my 15 yo son's call and explaining the situation to him. We ended up calling 800 sales# and getting 15% off of a new Sire Marcus Miller M2 5-string bass with free shipping ($422 OTD). Sales staff were great, even when processing all 5 GC gift cards lol. Great reviews and a nice looking bass.  He has worn the frets down on his Washburn 4 string in just 2 years to needing a refret so it was time..

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you looked at Reverb?
Tons of items available in all condition from new to relic.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The entire wall of guitars they have hanging in all of their local stores should be sold as used because people come into the store and play them, but they insist they are new guitars lol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The entire wall of guitars they have hanging in all of their local stores should be sold as used because people come into the store and play them, but they insist they are new guitars lol.
View Quote
Everything on the lower two racks always looks like crap with chips and missing knobs at the one's around here. Not because they're demo'd, because they've been constantly finger banged by little fucktards all day long, 95% of which will never buy anything there.  They have to get control of their stores.  If they insist on entertaining kids they need to have a couple of squire's and Epi's as floor demos and only hand out anything else to adults or accompanied minors.  I tried to go actually buy an amp there about a year ago and couldn't  get to the amp i wanted to look at due to the little kids playing on them for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everything on the lower two racks always looks like crap with chips and missing knobs at the one's around here. Not because they're demo'd, because they've been constantly finger banged by little fucktards all day long, 95% of which will never buy anything there.  They have to get control of their stores.  If they insist on entertaining kids they need to have a couple of squire's and Epi's as floor demos and only hand out anything else to adults or accompanied minors.  I tried to go actually buy an amp there about a year ago and couldn't  get to the amp i wanted to look at due to the little kids playing on them for shits and giggles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. And yet they still want full price for those guitars. I buy from Sweetwater instead usually.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I looked online and their used category is getting thinned out. They normally have at least two pages of Marshall 1960 cabs, last night they has 3 cabs total. I knew people were panic buying food, shit paper, guns and ammo, but I never thought is see panic buying of guitars & amps, lol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard they are closing down stores.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I heard they are closing down stores.
View Quote
Well, yes. They are closing stores where local/state regs have forced them to.  Haven't heard about permanent closures but I'm guessing there will be some closures just like all national retailers once they assess the damage.  Of course used inventory will dry up, they continued to do online used gear sales for weeks after closing stores to public so they had used inventory leaving and not being replenished.  I don't believe they would shutter all stores but these are odd times.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Ooops duped it
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Time to dumpster dive then.
View Quote
This looks like stores damaging out a lot of equipment. Could support a theory of permanent store closure.  New gear back to warehouse, damage everything else out...
Found a Marshall Amp in a DUMPSTER...Can We Fix It?

DUMPSTER HAUL! Guitar Center TRASH!?

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered a limited edition Marshall amp from them, they sent me a beat to hell used floor demo model. I had to raise all kinds of hell to get a new one sent to my local store to swap it out with.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, I looked online and their used category is getting thinned out. They normally have at least two pages of Marshall 1960 cabs, last night they has 3 cabs total. I knew people were panic buying food, shit paper, guns and ammo, but I never thought is see panic buying of guitars & amps, lol.
View Quote

I’m thinking the opposite is happening. Lots of people trying to get rid of guitars and gear. But guitar center is closed - they’re going to craigslist and reverb to sell them. First, at outrageous prices. Give it a month and prices will bottom out as more and more people become unemployed and need money.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:29:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't play a guitar.  Hell, I own a 5-string Hartke bass (that I think is actually serial number 3) and I can't play that.

But if I had money lying around, I'd really like a Vai 2KDNA guitar.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Bass arrived today via UPS... looks more like $700-800 worth of bass. That's one teenager at the house whose father won't have to put up with his angsty bullcrap for a few days! I threw in a little to get him across the finish line on it.  Good kid, had cardiac catheter ablation earlier this year, makes good grades and is only a minor PITA compared to his oldest sister

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought a brand new SG standard from them, it had buckle rash on it.  They let me take the buckle rash one until the one they ordered for me showed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top