Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 6:58:55 AM EDT
I'm working on a bit of solo'ing and I want to be able to lay down some background chords and loop it while I practice my solo's.  Now I'm not going to playing in a band, I don't need anything too fancy.  The only folks that are going to hear this are me and my dog .

I don't really want to spend $175- $250 on a nice loop effect pedal setup if I don't have too.  Does anyone know if there is a computer program or something that I could record a bit of a track and loop it?  Any other options?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I will check out out.  I need too get an adapter now to plug my guitar straight into my microphone plug on my computer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad loves his Boss RC-2 pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/user/webster1251
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The BOSS is a nice unit, just don't feel like dropping $150 right now considering my skill level.  I am keeping my eye out to see if I can find any used for a decent price though.
I bought an adapter from Radio Shack and tried out the Audacity program tonight.  It looks promising except I can hardly get any volume out of it.  I have my input and speakers turned up all the way but it's still really quiet.  Hopefully I can figure out what the issue is.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Not a looper or recorder, but these will give you a few hours of fun:   Jam Tracks  Or  Heavy Metal Jam loops
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll check those out when I get home.  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top