Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2009 6:52:40 PM EDT
First thread in hear so thanks for all of the good pics and info I have seen so far.  Here is the deal.  I used to belong to a cigar club that was above a local steakhouse downtown.  A few buddies and I bought lifetime "corporate" memberships a few years back.  All of the big attorneys and judges in the city were members so we weren't worried about it shutting down.  WHOOPS!  The steakhouse went under and the club went with it.  So, there is a nice steakhouse with a great patio about 3 minutes from my house that allows cigars.  Since it is getting ready to be cold I need a new plan because the patio option will be unattractive.  So, where do you guys smoke?  Around the house, belong to a club, on the range etc.  Thanks for the input in advance!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I smoke around the yard during the day.  I usually get my cravings at night, so I wish I had a nice deck overlooking 500 acres of my own land (I said I wish).  If I tried that at night here, I'd get flown away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I smoke around the yard during the day.  I usually get my cravings at night, so I wish I had a nice deck overlooking 500 acres of my own land (I said I wish).  If I tried that at night here, I'd get flown away.

flown away?
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

First thread in hear so thanks for all of the good pics and info I have seen so far.  Here is the deal.  I used to belong to a cigar club that was above a local steakhouse downtown.  A few buddies and I bought lifetime "corporate" memberships a few years back.  All of the big attorneys and judges in the city were members so we weren't worried about it shutting down.  WHOOPS!  The steakhouse went under and the club went with it.  So, there is a nice steakhouse with a great patio about 3 minutes from my house that allows cigars.  Since it is getting ready to be cold I need a new plan because the patio option will be unattractive.  So, where do you guys smoke?  Around the house, belong to a club, on the range etc.  Thanks for the input in advance!  

2 words, space heater

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I smoke outside. I won`t smoke inside the house.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Salmon

edit

Oops my eyes are getting tired, I thought the thread title was "what do you smoke"  sorry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
On the patio in the back yard
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
on the front porch usually, looking across at the river and hill. There is often a bald eagle flying around.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
In my back yard, if it is not too cold.
In my garage when it get too chilly or windy.
Of course, at the cigar louge, since I am one of their regular.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What's too cold for you?....California boys sheesh
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Patio in the side yard or deck in the back. Which ever is out of the wind.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#11]
On my back deck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#12]
At home on the patio and frequently at my local lounge
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Summer - deck or patio
Winter - garage with space heater or local cigar lounge.  I also belong to a couple of private clubs that allow cigar smoking.

No smoking in the house until I build a "finished" room in the basement with a high dollar honeywell smoke eater.  It's less hassle to sit in the garage.  And I always smoke cigars at the range.

JS
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Depends on what caught on fire.

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Mexican restaurant near my house, cigar place near work, back patio, to/from work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Anywhere I want to.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it gets cold in Cali ??

For me its the back deck in the warmer months, or the big blue Peterbilt when I'm out on the road...
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it gets cold in Cali ??

For me its the back deck in the warmer months, or the big blue Peterbilt when I'm out on the road...

Yep, cold enough to force me to smoke in the garage, with the garage door open to vent the smoke and not to stink up the car, and wearing a light jacket, while drinking diet coke in ice.  
Last year, when I was stuck overnight in Palmdale because 24 inches of smow in a day, it got very cold, and I wind up smoking in my hotel room with window closed with heater on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I've enjoyed a good stick on the front porch when it was snowing profusely, and temps hovering around 20*f.

Of course I had just come back from a satisfying snowmobile ride
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I some at either the Arboretum or Southpark location of the Tinderbox in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Out on the deck, don't really care for smoking in the house.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#22]
On the back porch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

flown away?

Misquitos.  They're not big as the ones up north, but they bring alot of family and friends to make up for it.  Must be a latin thing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#24]
In my apt, on my porch, in my truck, on the golf course, around the campfire, etc...

Anywhere I want really

Speed
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#25]
At work
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#26]
When I'm out buying cigars I always have one at the store, they have a seperate smoking room with nice leather couches.  Other than that I'll sit on the front or back porch and enjoy my cigar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top