Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2009 4:25:56 PM EDT
I need a decent $1-2 per cigar for a bachelor party this weekend. I know nothing about cigars any recommendations would be appreciated. Also buy online or at a smoke shop in town?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need a decent $1-2 per cigar for a bachelor party this weekend. I know nothing about cigars any recommendations would be appreciated. Also buy online or at a smoke shop in town?

Check out Famous Cigar, their Famous 3000 cigars are good.  Call their customer service and explain your needs, they are great.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
ARCOM FAQ
In general, there are no good handmade imported $1 or $2 cigars.  The $1 cigars are machine made, chopped filler, dry cured "cigars", but for a party, what tha heck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Flor de Oliva Corojo bundles from famous are relatively inexpensive and a decent smoke
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Flor de Oliva Corojo bundles from famous are relatively inexpensive and a decent smoke

I ended up getting the flor de oliva from cigars international, they should be fine, everyone is going to be drunk anyways.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuente curly head deluxe.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up getting the flor de oliva from cigars international, they should be fine, everyone is going to be drunk anyways.

good choice, the seasoned cigar smokers might be surprised that an inexpensive cigar can be this decent and those that dont know what they are smoking will be having something good as an introduction. The beer and titties will distract from the occasional bad cigar you occasionally get with this brand, Id say one out of every 10 I smoke is just... bad. 90 Percent of them are great for an every day smoke though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I just had one and they seemed perfectly fine to me but I don't know jack about cigars so I'm not really one to judge to much.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I put out a box or two of JR's Delicado's,   pretty cheap and good for my bbq's and beerfests
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I put out a box or two of JR's Delicado's,   pretty cheap and good for my bbq's and beerfests

I keep a decent supply of bundle cigars because I like most of them and I hate giving an expensive cigar to someone who smokes a quarter of it and then snubs it out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep a decent supply of bundle cigars because I like most of them and I hate giving an expensive cigar to someone who smokes a quarter of it and then snubs it out.

Nothing ticks me off like someone who asks for a good cigar and then does that.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't offer great cigars to those who have not herf'd before.  All noobs start with a low end robusto and work their way up, I make no bones about it either.  But I would never offer something to someone that I wouldn't be willing to smoke myself.  If I buy a bundle and it is crap I offer it to a friend with the caveat that it is comprised of crap and that I don't want them back.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seen multiple occations:
In a party that permit smoking cigars, one yuppy asked and received a Monticristo "A", lite it up, puffed it twice and STUBBED it out because it is not a flavored cigar.  My wife pulled me away because I want to kink that Yuppie's a$$.  

My party, I offered my guess (most of them know how to smoke cigars) Cohiba Siglo VI.  One self proclaimed cigar expert, smoked 1/3 of it, and proceed to chew on it.  Chew on a Dominican Cohiba, not a ISOM cigar.  

Another incidence, a cigarette smoking friend of mine asked me for a cigar, which I offered him a Monti #2 (he brought me a 3 pack tubo of Siglo VI).  He did not know how to cut the cigar, did not lite it right, smoked half of it, threw it in the fire, and light up a cigarette.  

Friday night, at Casa Fuente, an "expert" who was showing off to his entire table, he is the only one here professional enough to smoke an Opus X Power Ranger, turn green after speed smoking the cigar for 1/3 its length, and left the cigar to burn itself out.

There are more, but then...why bother.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]
You need to find a new crowd to hang out with.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You need to find a new crowd to hang out with.

I now reserve smoking cigars among the friends at ehe cigar lounge, and have a box of "cigars that I do not care" for those friends that want to be in "hip", plus I lock my humidor now.
These cigars normally came to me as "gifts" from people who do not know much about cigars.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn!  If you have to lock your humidor, then you definately need to hang out with a different crowd!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn!  If you have to lock your humidor, then you definately need to hang out with a different crowd!

Not as theft, but I do keep some rare cigars in my humidor for aging, and had at least one occation, when a mistake almost happened.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a cabinet humidor, the front door is locked and the flip up top has a "hidden" push button (like a cedar chest).  

This prevents children from stuffing their toys into the humidor and various guests from repeatedly lifting the lid to see what is inside.  Although one can easily determine the contents through the glass door on the front, I'm sure curiosity has been peaked more than once.  

It's an attractive piece of furniture that sits out in our front room.  Locking it ensures that it will stay there.

JS

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top