Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2022 5:09:30 PM EDT
Any recommendations? I don’t want to spend a crazy amount on one but want a quality cutter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had some expensive ones, still have a silver Dunhill, but xikar was always a good choice when I was smoking cigars 10 yrs ago or so. I preferred v notch or punch towards the end.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got a cheap one from the cigar store. It cuts off the cap just fine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Xikar is quality.

I use one of their double-blade guillotine cutters.  Buy once, cry once.  All metal.  Not plastic shit.

Attachment Attached File

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a Colibri V cutter from lighters USA and thank me later.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
xikar v-cut is what you seek.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I have and like it
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for the Colibri V cutter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I will end up a v cutter and punch also.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
My colibri v cutter is the best cutter I own
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup.

I have one of the Xikar cutters in the pictures above. Love it. It like their lower tier model, same blades as the more expensive ones but polymer handles instead of metal. I think I paid like $70 at the local cigar shop but I think you can find them for $40ish online

I want to try one of the Colibri V cutters next.

ETA: I think Xikar also includes lifetime sharpening service too
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Lotus Jaws can’t be beat for the price

That said I like my Xikar XO
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is what I have and like it
View Quote
Same, and a cheap guillitine cutter for when I smoke an odd ball cigar that I can't v-cut.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got a cheap one from the cigar store. It cuts off the cap just fine.
View Quote
Same here. 80 ring gauge plastic cutters. They also don't get confiscated when traveling overseas.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I seem to have them all... punches, guillotines, V's, scissors... from Xikar, Colibri, Paleo, Lotus...

I like the Xikar V and folding Xikar scissors the the best for function. I have a couple of the collector edition Xi series what are just gorgeous and the stingray cases for them are a touch of additional elegance.

Having said that, Cigar Page used to have a decent 20 cigar sample pack with free Xikar scissors for like $75 or $80. Worth looking into. The scissors are great because they are precise and they fold tiny for your keychaid.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I got two of these at $1.00 each from Famous Smoke  Shop for buying a box of their brand of cigars, Inferno. The cigars weren't great, but they weren't the worst I ever smoked either. I keep one in my truck, using almost daily, the other one is in my cigar cabinate waiting till such a time as I made need it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one of these.  It's a nice cutter and does a great job, however I found out I really don't care for V cuts most of the time.  Oh well. At least it looks cool on my smoking tray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top