Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2012 5:12:04 PM EDT
I want to set up a little bird bath and fountain combination.  Ive through about just running a water hose over to it for the time being, until I figure out exactly where I want to leave it.   What kind of water line can I run from an outside faucet that will supply the arrangement that I can connect to with a water hose?  I want to leave the water fountain running or at least dripping so as to discourage mosquito larvae from hatching.

Ideas or suggestions please
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
check this out

poolmaster slide kit

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
bury a length of sprinkler line?
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
the spousal unit can't carry a bucket of water?

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want to set up a little bird bath and fountain combination.  Ive through about just running a water hose over to it for the time being, until I figure out exactly where I want to leave it.   What kind of water line can I run from an outside faucet that will supply the arrangement that I can connect to with a water hose?  I want to leave the water fountain running or at least dripping so as to discourage mosquito larvae from hatching.

Ideas or suggestions please

You could try to connect a pump at the bottom of the fountain so that will run all the time. No need to run water all the time.  You could try to use an aquarium tank pump to do this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a bird bath dripper at my local bird feed place.

It was like $50 and works damn well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I would just use a decent size pond pump or aquarium pump. You can pump the water out of one of the water features, into the other and allow it to overflow back into the one that has the pump in it.

Allowing it to continually overflow is excessive and probably wouldn't give you the desired effect anyway. Mosquitos like still stagnant water not moving water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top