Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 5:53:29 PM EDT
Had a couple new tools for awhile now and though I would do a review of them.

Bosch HDH181 Brute Tough hammer drill

I bought this about 6 weeks ago.  Im helping a friend remodel his house and the 10 year old Makita wasnt going to cut it.  I was pretty much looking for the biggest baddest drill out there.  I do a little bit of everything and while my tools dont get used all day everyday, they do take a beating.  Did a lot of research and looking around and this seemed to be about the best thing out there. Unfortunalty it was a new drill so there were hardly any reviews out there on it.  I have to say I am VERY impressed.  This is by FAR the best drill I have ever used.  I have used Makita, Dewalt, PC, and a couple others and this beats them all hands down.  One of the things I love about it is the batteries.  They are vented packs and the 30 min charge has a fan on it that will draw air through the pack to keep it cool while charging or cool it down before it starts charging.  I was a little worried at first about dust getting in it but Ive had it in quite a bit of drywall and concrete dust and it doesnt seem to be a problem at all.  Ive done everything with this drill from torquing down 4-40 set screws in aluminum, great clutch BTW, to running a 2" self feed forstner bit through solid poplar logs to drilling a 5/8" hole through 9" of concrete and its has been great for everything.  I drilled about 20 3/8" holes 3" deep in concrete and drove over a pound of 3" screws and it still showed 2/3 of a charge on the battery!  I hardly ever use it on the low speed setting.  It has so much torque and such a great trigger that low is hardly ever needed.

Pros:

-tons of torque

-great clutch

-high speed

-great hammer drill

-great batteries

-fast charger

-VERY slim grip, great for small hands like mine

-separate clutch and hammer selectors

-AMAZING chuck

-built like a brick shit house

Cons:

-little on the heavy side, not too bad though

-LED light is a little lacking but Ive seen worse

Bosch 25618 Impactor Driver
Had it about a week.  I had heard a lot of great things about the impact drivers so I decided to pick one up and see what it was all about.  Overall Im very impressed with the tool.  Light, very small for its power.  I havent really had a chance to put it through its paces.  I get the feeling it is going to be great for when I need it, but so far on everything Ive used it for  Id rather use the drill, it still resides on my tool belt.

Pros:

-lots of torque

-light

-small grip again and overall small tool

Cons:

-LED light sucks, Id like to see something like Dewalt has with the 3 LEDS around the chuck

-no belt clip

Next on my list is Bosch's new Dual Bevel Glide miter saw.  Hearing great things about it so far.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=GCM12SD

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top