Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:24:07 PM EDT
Cant find the receipt to a Kenmore garbage disposer bought within the last 6 months and it stopped working the other night.  Did not have any bones or anything to jam it up, it just hummed when you flipped the switch.  Used the wrench to turn it from the bottom and it turned freely.  The reset button did nothing.  Dont want to buy another, I'll take it apart on my day off but what do I look for if it turns freely and only hums when I turn on the power?

Being a Kenmore I thought it would work for more than 6 months.  My Kenmore fridge has been working for 26 years with no problems!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
See if you can hand the Sears Customer Service drone your credit card and the disposal and tell him to look up the sale on the computer.

Then credit your account.

Buy something else, wherever you decide to shop/trust.

If you get another at Sears, try the next size up.

just my opinion.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Get one of the 1HP units from Costco for $150.

Remove old one, throw away, and install new one.

F*** Sears.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Old Kenmore was great, the new shit sucks. I too have a freezer that is at least 30 years old and going strong, 2 dryers and a washer later never again.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My Kenmore fridge has been working for 26 years with no problems!

That's because it was made 26 years ago.  Companies actually cared back then.  It's probably an energy hog, though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with an InSinkerator Evolution 3/4 horsepower.  I purposely ground an entire watermelon rhine and it shut itself off for overheat protection.  After about 20 minutes the reset switch allowed me to click it in and it went back to grinding up anything I could throw at it.  Whisper quiet too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Get a waste king brand.  The in-sink-erators/badgers crack and leak.  My last one was leaking out of the seam for probably a few weeks before we found it.  

The waste kings are way better and don't have seam cracking issues.  They do cost a little more but are worth it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a waste king brand.  The in-sink-erators/badgers crack and leak.  My last one was leaking out of the seam for probably a few weeks before we found it.    

The waste kings are way better and don't have seam cracking issues.  They do cost a little more but are worth it.

I researched and found a lot of negative things about the Badgers but the Evolutions had pretty solid reviews across the board.  I guess I will keep an eye on mine for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top