Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2011 1:18:51 PM EDT
Thanks for all the help on my "Honda Mower Starts but Won't Keep Running" thread.

Now that its running like a champ, I want to get the self-propulsion unit going again.  

I can see that its missing the belt to the drive unit.  Is there anything else that I might need to fix or adjust while I'm in there replacing the belt?  Anyone (I_M...) know the part number of the drive belt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the model # of your mower and go to any reputable power equipment supply shop. They'll be able to look up the belt# and can suggest other maintenance items.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
22431-VE1-T00 ( #2 in the diagram ) is my best guess. Probably cost you between $5 and $8 bucks. Check the rest out to be sure the transmission isn't shot. Should be able to turn the drive pulley on the trans by hand and put a little pressure on the wheels to see if anything is torn up inside. If it feels smooth perhaps you'll get away with just a new belt.

Can you get a serial# off the mower so I can be sure I'm looking at the correct model and year schematics?

Also a complete model# on the machine ( for example HRM215__________). There should be some other letters behind the 215.

Please always pull the spark plug lead before messing around the bottom of this thing .
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe a blown tranny.  I tried turning the pully and the wheels––didn't seem like there was any connection. The pulley spins easily.  The wheels spin easily.  I can move them both in either direction and can't find any sign of connection.

Where do I find a serial number on this thing? There are no letters or numbers after HRM215.  The only thing I could find that looks like a serial number was on the engine block.  Same numbers I gave you earlier. Its a mystery.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pulling schematics from a 1999 model, I figure your mower is about 10 years old from what you have said.

The transmission is a probably over $100. I would suggest pushing it!

If you wanted to, you could drop the trans and see if you can get it apart but I do not think parts are available for the internals. Possibly it's just something stupid. Looks like there's a lever on the box that may?? engage it?? Are you sure it was engaged when you were testing it by hand? Looks like there's a cable going to a clutch or the box.

I'll be honest here, I do not work on mowers but know my way around a lot of power equipment and I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night. Here's a pic of the box I was looking at. Tell me if it's close to yours.

Let me know what else I can help with.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe a blown tranny.  I tried turning the pully and the wheels––didn't seem like there was any connection. The pulley spins easily.  The wheels spin easily.  I can move them both in either direction and can't find any sign of connection.

Did you have the drive lever depressed?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope.  Would've required 3 hands.  I'll try it again.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top