Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2011 4:18:45 AM EDT
the control unit on my sprinkler system is getting pretty flaky.  its a rainbird, and the main dial knob is the problem.

can i pull the old unit off, buy a new control unit, and just wire it where the old one was?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd suggest a Hunter controller as a replacement.  And the process is as easy as you think.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
im willing to consider the hunter, any reasons why you like this one better?

so i assume the new unit will just automatically control the existing zones without futher rebuilding or rewiring? (this is what im hoping)
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag the valve wires when you are taking them off the old terminal strip.  When you connect them to the new controller the valves will operate in the same order.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
of course.  Just make a note of which color wire corresponds with each zone.  It's as easy as remove and replace...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
im willing to consider the hunter, any reasons why you like this one better?

so i assume the new unit will just automatically control the existing zones without futher rebuilding or rewiring? (this is what im hoping)

I like the Hunter controllers because they are very user friendly, are generally no more expensive than a comparable Rainbird controller, and during my time in the industry(10+ years) I have never had to replace a Hunter controller for a client.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the Hunter controllers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top