Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:39:36 AM EDT
I thought this poor beast had a smooth bore barrel. The wood is in pretty good shape, with a few nicks and dings that may sand out.
After I got to looking closer, it appears to have rifling. I ran a patch wet with Ed's red through it, it came out black.
Hmmm, that's a lot of lead. Even tho' I'm well past my child bearing years, I donned some rubber gloves. I sure don't need anymore nervous tics...
I switched to Bore Scrubber. That didn't work very good. Wasn't aggressive enough. I switched to a cordless drill and bronze brush.
If I don't get a relatively clean swab soon, I'm going to move onto bead blasting the barrel...

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
consider plugging the barrel with an earplug and soaking it for a while.  What caliber is it?  22LR?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeez, quit screwing up the barrel. Go get some lead removing cloth [Lewis or RIG], wrap around old bore brush, be amazed, repeat until clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top