Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2009 10:56:50 AM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPyvqbjOIM&fmt=22

Looks cool in a Transformers sort of way.  I was hoping for something darker and more serious though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't GI Joe work for the New World Order in this one?  I'm rooting for Cobra.
Link Posted: 2/1/2009 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Ghey.  They ruin yet another American icon.
Link Posted: 2/1/2009 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2009 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good

Link Posted: 2/1/2009 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]

At the :18 mark the girl playing Scarlett looks EXACTLY like Gia Farrell to me.  Not so much in the other promo pics I've seen though.

Link Posted: 2/1/2009 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Looks like the action will be pretty cool. I'm sure Ray Park will be incredible as Snake Eyes. The chicky snacks look delicious. Hopefully they don't fuck it up with all kinds of liberal slant bullshit, but I'll be astounded if they don't.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking forward to the full trailer.
I think it may have potential, just tough to tell form the teaser.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks decent but might be alittle corny.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks decent but might be alittle corny.

Um that was kind of the hallmark for the entire series...
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like good movie, as long as hollyweird doesn't sap it up...
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Doesn't GI Joe work for the New World Order in this one?  I'm rooting for Cobra.

GI JOE.

Global
Integrated
Joint
Operating
Entity

Sorry, no more real American hero.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GI JOE.

Global
Integrated
Joint
Operating
Entity

Sorry, no more real American hero.

Wrong

Stephen Sommers will direct (here's hoping he reigns in the CG), from a script by Stuart Beattie. The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer. ––Real Movie News 11/20/07

This has since changed due to overwhelimg negative response from fans and even servicemen.

GiJoe is once again "A real american hero", not an international UN type organization according to Hasbro-

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=F285F255-D56F-E112-46FAEBF95750D7E9

Now all is back to what GI Joe should be and will hopefully remain!
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like CGI will be the hero of this film.

I hope it's pro-American.
Link Posted: 2/3/2009 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Hopefully the Snake eyes vs Storm Shadow fight will be badass and live not CGI
Link Posted: 2/3/2009 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't believe they took the word American out of his description.

Fuckers
Link Posted: 2/3/2009 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#16]
i feel like i have been waiting for this movie all my life now if it can only

live up to my expectations
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't show Cobra Commander... or even a Conbra insignia

still.... I'm kind of sold. I'll see it.

Some of the scenes look like the just took Transformers out of it and plugging in GI Joe guys.

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I think they miscast the parts of Destro and Zartan.............should switch those actors around, and Cobra Commander is rumored to be played by the kid from 3RD Rock from the Sun..........Joseph Gordon Levitt I think is his name
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Zartan... didn't even realize he was in this one. I can kind of see how he was a miscast... being bald and all.

I didn't realize the president was being played by Jonathan Price. Lame.

Ray Park as Snakeyes is good though.

Quoted:

I think they miscast the parts of Destro and Zartan.............should switch those actors around, and Cobra Commander is rumored to be played by the kid from 3RD Rock from the Sun..........Joseph Gordon Levitt I think is his name

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#20]
was that a crazy remix of crazy train in the background?
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I thought the guy who played the Mummy, Arnold Vosloo would have made a better Destro, since he has a deep voice and bald head, but we shall see.........interestingly enough, Zartan wont have the Dreadnoughts with him, and I wouldnt doubt Destro wont have a silver/chrome head either.........not sure if Major Bludd will be in it either.

And to beat it all, I hear Brendan Frasier is going to play Gung Ho............

Quoted:
Zartan... didn't even realize he was in this one. I can kind of see how he was a miscast... being bald and all.

I didn't realize the president was being played by Jonathan Price. Lame.

Ray Park as Snakeyes is good though.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/11/2009 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hopefully the Snake eyes vs Storm Shadow fight will be badass and live not CGI

I hope they get their voices right.

It'd be cool if they could get the voice actors from the cartoon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#23]
2 points I'd like to make.

-They took out one of the most significant aspects of the cartoon; their individuality.  Shipwreck, Roadblock, and many others.  You could pick them out of the crowd every episode.

-Ray Park is going to have the best dialoge of the entire movie.  Partially because Snake Eyes doesn't talk.

That said, I'll go see it if comes here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#24]
yeah hollyweird is at it again
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#25]
The 3.75" figures came out when I was a kid, I had just about all of the stuff from the first 3 years. IMO this trailer sucks. They should have just modified the original outfits a little and kept it gritty without all the matrix bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#26]
your avatar is hillarious
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top