Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:18:49 AM EDT
Preview looks interesting IMO.

Good to see the master is still doing what he does best.

check it out for a preview.

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=91388580

Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?

ETA: Looks like a 15 February 2008 release date.

and a quote from the man himself:

"Diary is a hundred percent independent, made with my partner, Peter Grunwald, and our new friends at Artfire. I haven't had this much freedom since 1968. The cast, of what film critics will probably call “unknowns” (they won’t be for long) is, in my opinion, fuckin' great.

This one comes from my heart. It's not a sequel or a remake. It's a whole new beginning for the dead.

Thanks to all of you who are out there waiting and wondering. You guys, the fans, have always kept me going. Now Diary's keeping me going, night, dawn, and day.

I love this movie. I hope you will, too. I'll be back here from time to time to keep you posted. Stay tuned.

Stay scared.

George A. Romero"

Link Posted: 1/11/2008 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I dunno, Land of the Dead was pretty bad...
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks ok, I'll see it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No arguements from me...

In his defense though, it is fairly well known that he caved in to studio pressure on the story to get the movie made. Even some of the originals were panned when they were first released like Dawn and especially Day. Hopefully, Land will be looked back on in 20 years with a little softer eyes.

The expectations are pretty high ever since the original Dawn.

He did create the genre though and he's doing what he wants in this one.
The sequel to diary has already been greenlighted as well...which says a lot about the studio's confidence in the first one since it hasn't even been released yet except for a few film festival screenings. The results were pretty positive from viewers.

On a side note:
WWZ is supposed to have a working script completed and they are shopping directors.

and the news is that the Day of the Dead(2007) remake is going straight to DVD in April 2008 with no theatrical release.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 2:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
So Zombies are keeping diaries now?
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what political/cultural "lesson" he'll try to teach us this time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I loled.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. I would not exactly call him the "master." Land of the Dead was an abomination.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
So he saw the preview for Cloverfield and thought "hey the blair witch movie was cheap to make I can do that to".  I hope the cast gets knocked off early and we get some real gunners instead of these, ewwwww firearms ninnies.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Okay... Perhaps father of the genre would be a better descriptor?
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 2:31:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The "lesson" to this one is how the media acts like all that matters is recording things, meanwhile losing any touch with what they are actually recording. Something to that effect anyways.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll still end up going to see it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 2:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I will see it.  Maybe not at the movies they cost too damn much.  BUt I will definitely see it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know. "Land of the Dead" sucked so bad I think I'll defintely avoid going to the theater for it,  but it looks like it might be just a straight to DVD.

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I just dont like the whole handheld camera things
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's about like saying that Georgia O'Keefe has some issues with her vulva.

Diary Of The Dead looks OK, but after Land I am very hesitant to go to another of his theatrical release.  It is going to take some good reviews from non-kook types to get me to go see it as opposed to waiting for Netflix.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's about like saying that Georgia O'Keefe has some issues with her vulva.

Diary Of The Dead looks OK, but after Land I am very hesitant to go to another of his theatrical release.  It is going to take some good reviews from non-kook types to get me to go see it as opposed to waiting for Netflix.

Agreed.  I seriously almost walked out of Land and demanded my money back.

That was a horrible movie.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]
George Romero has pretty much defined what zombie movies are supposed to be. He's the zombie master. He can make them how he pleases and still be right. Anyone who thinks Land Of The Dead was any worse than any of his other movies is nuts crazy. They are all craptastic and cheesy. I love them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be going to see it. I love all his films, some more than others.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Already been reviewed in this thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top