Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2007 11:29:20 AM EDT
HD only please. Tell us which service provider you chose and why.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't get HD from DirecTV because there are too many big freaking hundred year old oak trees around my house.  I get HD from Bright House cable and the quality has been excellent.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
DirecTV.  I've been a customer for 10 years.  Just upgraded since I just purchased a HDTV (Sony KDL-52XBR4 LCD).  I had to get my dish upgraded to the new 5 LNB to receive the current/new HD channels.  I also received/upgraded the receiver to the new HR21 HD DVR.

So far so good.  The picture is amazing on HD specific content.  Its generally better on most SD shows, but some of the old programming (Andy Griffith show, etc) the HD and higher resolutions really make the old programming look bad.  Overall, I'm impressed with the new receiver compared to the Tivo based units I've used for the past 4-5 years.

It also have a home networking option with allows you to view pictures, video and play music from your PC's.  Works great (pics so far) so one less box (media extender) I need to buy for the TV side of things.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have a list of HD programming for Dish Network ? Their web page is very unclear, and when I called they could not tell me where to find a list, nor could they email me one .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top