Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 5:23:03 PM EDT
Howdy,

Need to tune up the HT and a LCD TV I just bought.

Is Video Essentials still the one to get or have better calibration DVD's come out?

Just found this:

www.avia2.com/

It won't be for HD...up to 720p I think.

Kevin "Thanks!"

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard on a radio show that the THX approved DVD's have some simple tools to help you calibrate your TV.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I heard on a radio show that the THX approved DVD's have some simple tools to help you calibrate your TV.

I'm going to agree with this.  The THX Optimizer is pretty useful.  You probably already have at least one DVD with the it, just check the back of the DVD case for the logo.

Also, after you have some time on your LCD, run the calibration tests again.  You might have to fine tune some things after the break-in period.  My Samsung LCD was much better after the first 10 hours of run time and got a little bit better than that after a couple hundred hours of running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top