Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:06:20 PM EDT
Well, 42 minutes into the show I had to put it on pause and go play a bit of Quake 4, the fatally flawed Idiot Logic of making a movie out of a game designed to make you feel like you're in a movie was driving me crazy by having no control over any of the characters and being helpless to make decisions that would be obvious to any FPS veteran. Fortunately, unlike the miserably dark and stupid Doom 3 game, these grunts are at least smart and well-equipped enough to have weapon-mounted flashlights.

Games that let you "play the movie" are one thing -- movies that don't let you play the game are another. Terribly disappointing and, even worse, dull.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What a stupid & lousy movie!  The game is a lot better than the stupid movie!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1  Only part in the movie I kind of liked was the First Person Shooter clips.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Knowing the potential was great for hollywood to screw this up and the rock notwithstanding I went to see this at the theatre.  When it was finally over I wept tears of frustration and sorrow for what might have been.  Have to agree with TP, the 2.5 minutes of FPS action were mildly entertaining.  Everything else was weak.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Possibly the biggest movie letdown of all time.  Everyone at the studio who had access to the kill switch on this 'film' and didn't nuke it from orbit (only way to be sure) should be fired.  How fucking hard is it to get some zombies, make some CG imps, demoms, barons, and maybe a cyberdemon at the end, and have lots of machine gun fire and explosions???  THATS ALL IT WOULD'VE TAKEN!!!!!  FUCK!!! Thanks a lot, now I'm all pissed off again....

An entertaining aside, when I saw this in the theater, about 40 minutes into the movie the fire alarms went off, strobes flashed, sirens sounded, etc...  My 'team' and I deployed surefires faster than the fastest mall ninja's, exited the structure in a very 'Ghost Recon' fashion (we're idiots, we know), and came back in the front.  A few minutes later they let us back in the theater.  False alarm.  *sigh* oh well, maybe next time.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The movie was just "meh" until the FPS perspective, at that point it really went down hill at high speed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
too much bullshit way too little action
I mean its fucking DOOM it needs no plot or charactor devoplment and a ton more blowing shit up and killing
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Only part in the movie I kind of liked was the First Person Shooter clips.

+2
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
It was much better than I expected.  By a factor of 10.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]
When I heard that BFG didn't stand for "Big Fucking Gun" I was less inclined to watch it. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Worst Movie Ever.  I actually fell asleep during it; I never do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top