Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:29:29 PM EDT
This SciFi Friday: 8 hours Firefly episodes, plus new SG1, Atlantis, and BSG.

If I didn't have to work, my geekhood would be proven by a permanent buttcrease on the couch.  Thankfully I have a DVR (plus if SG1/Atlantis suck, I can skip through fast).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the Firefly DVD's. Worth it IMO. Props to Sci-Fi for re-running them though.

Wife and I are both hot for the BSG season to resume. Hope to see more Lucy Lawless coming up as D'Anne Biers-Reporter.

SG-1 lost it for me after Richard Dean and crew took their bows. Loved Claudia and Ben in Farscape, but still can't wrap my head around their being on SG1.

Atlantic sucks. It started out sucky and hasn't unsucked itself yet. Even some guest appearances by Mitch Pilegi aren't enough. Cool to see Jewel Staite in an EP though as a "Wraith". Adding the underware model/uber warrior didn't help plot development at all.

Instead of another sucky season of made for Sciffy movies like "Manticore" and "Sabertooth", they should just hand the money over to Joss Whedon and have him move his Firefly/Serenity Verse over to their turf. There are still pissing contest rights with Fox, but that should be a non-issue as long as they don't call the series "Firefly".

My two cents....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Instead of another sucky season of made for Sciffy movies like "Manticore" and "Sabertooth", they should just hand the money over to Joss Whedon and have him move his Firefly/Serenity Verse over to their turf. There are still pissing contest rights with Fox, but that should be a non-issue as long as they don't call the series "Firefly".

My two cents....

I agree 100% with your two cents.  SG1 hasn't been great since everyone started speaking modern english (I really think that was the jump the shark point - why the hell do they still need the archeologist/linguist), but really sucked this season.  Atlantis could have been ok/good but ...

Letting Joss Whedon run the network would RULE.  Even his interview on the Serenity DVD about how he came to start thinking about making Firefly (his civil war study) is better than the other series.  I think Joss Whedon likes BSG too - A guy I know works on the show up in Vancouver and he says he met Whedon when he visited the set (the guy's a huge Buffy fan, so he would not be mistaken either).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought the Firefly DVD's. Worth it IMO. Props to Sci-Fi for re-running them though...

A big, ruttin' +1 all around!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought the Firefly DVD's. Worth it IMO. Props to Sci-Fi for re-running them though...

A big, ruttin' +1 all around!

Gorram Right!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
In the last scene of SG1, you can tell Amanda Tapping had given birth recently. She has a bit of a belly and her funbags are swollen.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I watched a few Firefly episodes. Glad they showed Object in Space this time around I think they skipped it on the last run before Serenity came out in theaters. One of the better episodes. But the entire series kicked ass.

I didn't watch the series premiers of the other shows. I was watching a bunch of Atlantis episodes. The Stargate shows have taken some weird turns with the space ships and stuff. but they're stilll cool shows. I just don't watch them religiously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top