Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2005 1:14:50 PM EDT
Lots of neat info in here. SPR
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
So what did the German soldier whisper to Mellish as he was pushing the bayonet into his chest?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  That is one hell of site.

Norcal
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So what did the German soldier whisper to Mellish as he was pushing the bayonet into his chest?

"Das ist einfach fur dich, viel einfach"

"This is really easy for you, really easy."  

there was something after ,"um spareten" not sure what that word is but "around.." something.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]

You do realize that Dale Dye served 13 of his 20yrs as an enlisted Marine, right?

As far as defending forward of the obstacle, that very well could of been Spielberg's call.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I should read that site to determine which military genius decided to defend FORWARD of the obstacle.
I can't watch that movie anymore, the stupidity in it pisses me off.
There is a reason Dye never made it past captain.

I'm not sure I follow you.  The obstacle is the bridge?

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

yes, which they finally cross after losing about 80% of their manpower , not to mention for every ranger/airborne troop that's killed in that battle 10 Waffen SS 2nd Das Reich division grenadieren are killed  please......

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, which they finally cross after losing about 80% of their manpower , not to mention for every ranger/airborne troop that's killed in that battle 10 Waffen SS 2nd Das Reich division grenadieren are killed  please......

agreed...Bad tactics... just like attacking the MG nest which they should have by-passed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
It is still a good website though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anybody know the verse that the sniper was saying throughout the movie before he would take a shot?

Matt
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the link. Cool site.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I should read that site to determine which military genius decided to defend FORWARD of the obstacle.
I can't watch that movie anymore, the stupidity in it pisses me off.
There is a reason Dye never made it past captain.

The obstacle was the river.
The chokepoint was the bridge.
Let the enemy come to you.
Rubble the buildings on the farside to stop the mechanized shit and then shoot the infantry as they advance.
Plenty of demo?  Hell, cratering charges are a mother fucker.  Get your relief face going, hooah.

that would of been too boring.  think about it, imagine the whole ending is them hold up, blowing charges on the other side of the river, and taking pot shots.

so you can see why he chose the obviously stupid route to take for the last battle scene it had to be the biggest yet in the movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top