Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:27:31 PM EDT
Not the one with Dustin Hoffman... the one with Jet Li.

IMDb Link

Just finished watching it. Not a bad movie at all. It was about as good as Crouching Tiger.

I love this style of fighting movie where they defy the laws of physics. Very cool IMHO.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the sybolism and underlying messages of movie like this though. I pretty much figure it's mostly about sacrifice for the greater good...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The gravity defying stuff annoys the hell out of me.

In general or in "kung-fu" movies?

Did you like The Matriix?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not the one with Dustin Hoffman... the one with Jet Li.

IMDb Link

Just finished watching it. Not a bad movie at all. It was about as good as Crouching Tiger.

I love this style of fighting movie where they defy the laws of physics. Very cool IMHO.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the sybolism and underlying messages of movie like this though. I pretty much figure it's mostly about sacrifice for the greater good...

Nice film up until the last five minutes. THat's when it became a propaganda piece for unity and security over liberty. Ruined an otherwise good film.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice film up until the last five minutes. THat's when it became a propaganda piece for unity and security over liberty. Ruined an otherwise good film.

Well it is about China...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top