Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 12:10:50 PM EDT
 American soldiers of the 2/3 Field Artillery, a group known as the "Gunners," tell of their experiences in Baghdad during the Iraq War. Holed up in a bombed out pleasure palace built by Sadaam Hussein, the soldiers endured hostile situations some four months after President George W. Bush declared the end of major combat operations in the country.

Interesting Documentary, some pretty good footage and everyday lives of the 2/3 Field Artillary patrolling areas of Baghdad early in the conflict.

Soldiers speaking their minds and expressing their own stories in front of the camera.
Gunner Palace Website Trailers and photos
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The rappers got real old fast.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I really liked it, especially the freestyle rapping.  But I am a 19 year old college student
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My son (18) wanted to see it, so we drove a long ways to get to where it was playing.

If we hadn't come so far, we would have walked out.

It was terrible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It finally arrived today from Blockbuster.Com.

I haven't watched it yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I just found it interesting. The freestyle rap gets a little old but they are still US soldiers,so I took it as it is.

Unbiased Documentaries are few and far between.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#8]
First, it was fairly boring.
Second, it had a decidedly liberal / anti-war slant.
All in all, I was disapointed.
You would think if the guy was there for that length of time, he would have some decent footage.
Ar15.com has hosted better video from it's members.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you guys are looking for the wrong thing in this video.
Iraq isn't Hollywood and the average American soldier really is an average boring dude.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought it was decent. Black guys mostly listen to rap thats why they are rapping. White guys mostly listen to rock, white guys were playing rock and roll. They need to do something to kill time, I think the director was trying to show that and give an image of who they are. I was pretty interesting seeing them on patrol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top