Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:33:23 PM EDT
This movie falls into three categories:

• If you saw Transporter and hated it, don't see Transporter 2. The reasons why you probably disliked the first are amplified 10 fold in the sequel.

• If you saw Transporter and liked it, don't see Transporter 2. You will be dissappointed that they managed to bastardize the sequel to a good movie.

• If you havn't seen Transporter, go see Transporter 2 first, and then see the original.

I fall into category 2. The plot wasn't very good. The action was okay, but without the cool music and atmosphere and sense of urgency like the first movie. There were a lot of extremely gimmicky and outright preposterous scenes. In one bit, this girl shoots 5-10 shots at a helicopter with her supressed submachine gun and the helicopter explodes into a ball of fire for no apparant reason. In another scene, Frank rips a bomb off the bottom of his car by driving up a ramp, flipping the car over, and scrapping the bottom of his car against a crane hook, only to land upright and in tact moments before the bomb explodes. Scenes like this just make the whole movie seem very hokesy. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That was some sheeeeit!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I get the feeling that Jason Statham is a bad motherfucker.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]

An overly silly, but somewhat entertaining movie.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thank you.
Mods, could you move please?

I thought you WERE a mod?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Unbelievable but entertaining.

I just watched Mad Max last night and the chases were much more beleivable and much more thrilling.

The tall blonde assasin was the best part of the movie for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
saw it Tuesday, I liked Transporter 1 so had to see Transporter 2.  2 wasn't as good as 1 but it's the only new Transporter movie out there.  Lots of ass kicking and of course, car chases.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
If they were to get rid of all the ridiculous CGI scenes maybe the movie would have been better.
The paddle shift murcielago was amazing!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Just watched it........... John Woo springs to mind in the fight sequences, the gunplay....... well......  this little lady can chase me anytime!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a plot? I missed that entirely.

Was there a plot in Transporter?

I thought it was driving-fighting-driving-fightinr............. with talking or a woman thrown in every once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I enjoyed it just like I enjoyed the first. It will be in my DVD collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top