Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:14:21 AM EDT
Anybody here gonna go see it?  It looks as though I am going to see it this thursday night.  I got premier tickets!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep so there.  im afraid im a Brown coat.

its gogin be good. and sad. i read we need 80 million to get the show back on the air.

Ronald
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely going to go see it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]
It comes out hte day after my birthday. Its like they were planing it JUST for me =)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Wife and I are going to go see it after the rush. Hopefully, there will be a rush to wait on!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wife and I are going to go see it after the rush. Hopefully, there will be a rush to wait on!

Well ya know that it is a grassroots type of thing.  That is why I mentioned it here.  I hoped some people might watch it on the sci-fi channel which is broadcasting it on friday nights right now to promote it.
I knew nothing about it two weeks ago.  My boss here at work introduced me to the DVD's, which I have now bought.  I have to say I am a browncoat now as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of it.  I'm guessing it was a TV series, made into a movie?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't wait to see it.  I never watched the Firefly series on tv, but I bought the DVDs and I liked it alot.

Quoted:
i read we need 80 million to get the show back on the air.

It needs at least 80 million to have the movie sequels made.  It will most likely never be made into a series again.

Thumbs up to Universal for having the balls to make the movie, Thumbs down to FOX for not giving the series a chance to grow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Never heard of it.  I'm guessing it was a TV series, made into a movie?

If you like Sci-fi at all and good story tellin then check it out on the sci-fi channel friday nights
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Go to http://www.serenitymovie.com/ if you would like to see the trailer for the movie. It looks awesome!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Great Show! I'm hoping for a great movie!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to work 1/2 day on 30 Sep so I can catch an early show.  Then I'll go again when my daughter gets out of school.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I will give you all a review after I see it Thursday.  Do what  you can to get others interested!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I like SF, but I don't have time to watch TV.

Can anyone give me a synopsis of the Firefly series, how it relates to the movie, and why any of it is worth seeing?

Especially a synopsis of the series.  I hate coming into a movie 5 minutes after it starts, forget about a complex story if I have no clue what's goin on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will give you all a review after I see it Thursday.  Do what  you can to get others interested!

Bring a camcorder along!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw it in May at one of the advance previews. It is awesome. I will be going again on 9/30 and bringing my wife this time.

If you haven't seen Firefly, order the DVD's from Amazon now. I did so only on the recommendation of ARFCOM. Best money ever spent. Damn fine show.

Edit: that poster sucks, though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I like SF, but I don't have time to watch TV.

Can anyone give me a synopsis of the Firefly series, how it relates to the movie, and why any of it is worth seeing?

Especially a synopsis of the series.  I hate coming into a movie 5 minutes after it starts, forget about a complex story if I have no clue what's goin on.

Try this
http://www.scifispace.com/html/firefly.php

If you do a search for Firefly and or Serenity you should get a good idea.  Of course you could watch sci-fi channel or buy the DVD's($40.00) its worth it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#18]
come vist us Brown Coats. were peaceable, and have allot of good info, and spoliers im afraid.
Ronald

browncoats.serenitymovie.com/serenity/index.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you haven't seen Firefly, order the DVD's from Amazon now. I did so only on the recommendation of ARFCOM. Best money ever spent. Damn fine show.  

Same here.  Never saw it on TV and never saw the DVDs before, but purchased the set on a blind rec from ar15.com.  Easily one of the best purchases I've made on DVDs.  In fact, I was watching Out of Gas and Ariel last night whilst sipping on Glenfiddich 12 year on the rocks.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.  Never saw it on TV and never saw the DVDs before, but purchased the set on a blind rec from ar15.com.  Easily one of the best purchases I've made on DVDs.  In fact, I was watching Out of Gas and Ariel last night whilst sipping on Glenfiddich 12 year on the rocks.  

"You have to share your bunk?"
I just watched out of gas last night myself
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I just saw it at a press release showing two hours ago and all I can say is that I cannot wait to see it again. WOW.

I missed the chance to see it before it was finished and I am glad I did.

I tried to be objectve to see if I needed the firefly back story, but I got too involved to notice.

WOW.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Can't wait for this movie to come out. Loved the TV series beyond words. The cast is absolutely awesome. The movie looks like it's going to rock big time.

Just over 3 weeks. Counting down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#23]
so the firefly show was out befor the sifi started showing them?  I never new that i thought that it was new learn somthing new every day, great show how long was ito n the air befor?  
and the movie looks good to.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Did they rerun the show on Sci-Fi in actual order? I know when it was originally aired they rearranged the order due to the pilot not moving fast enough.

Get the DVD... odds are they cut stuff to fit commercials.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I am champing at the bit for this movie - and I have been since I heard about it this spring.

I never saw the series on TV. I saw the pilot on DVD at a friend's house and on that, I bought the DVD set myself and was instantly sucked in. I have gotten several other people interested in it who had never heard of it either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Just wanted to bump this...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top