Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 10:49:13 AM EDT
I will probably have to leave the wife at home for this one...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No chance at the theaters. Maybe on dvd b/c of jessica.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have tickets to a free advanced screening. I figure that's just about the right price I'm willing to pay to see it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Probably.  I grew up watching the show.

What do you mean "No, it's an outright crime to do the General that way"?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Im not, not worth my money.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Nyet. Probably watch on DVD/cable though. Doesn't look like it'll be worth a ~$25 investment to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Not in theaters maybe on video from Netflixs.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Have you seen the music video?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope.  That movie (from what I've seen/read) will be about as true to the spirit of the show as the "new Charger" is to the spirit of the original.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  

From the previews I've seen, The General looked just like it did on the show, except than in one of the jump scenes the font of the "01" on the door was incorrect.

Care to enlighten?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Daisy pie!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#12]
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  

From the previews I've seen, The General looked just like it did on the show, except than in one of the jump scenes the font of the "01" on the door was incorrect.

Care to enlighten?

I wasn't refering to the actual car itself as the nuts and bolts, but the spirit of the General that embodies the original series.   Jessica bastardized the song in the video, so I am assuming that the movie will be done likewise.  

Still going to see it though, new special effects with the old Charger should be wicked cool!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have tickets to a free advanced screening. I figure that's just about the right price I'm willing to pay to see it.

I'd sooner wipe my ass with those tickets than use them to see that steaming pile of shit. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm really on the fence about this one...

I've seen screen shots with a banged up old charger, kind of hand painted like the General Lee (number on the door, couldn't see the top in that pic)  I wonder if it will be a clone, or if they start the movie that way and "build" it into the General Lee?

As far as the video...  Simpson makes nice eye candy, but that will only go so far.  I lost some interest in the first scene of the video when she gets out of the car...thru the door!?!  What's up with that?

I have to guess it will be a bad movie.  Curiosity may get the better of me though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Curiosity may get the better of me though.

Save your money, they'll be giving it away free with pizza orders and dvd player purchases before too long.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

As far as the video...  Simpson makes nice eye candy, but that will only go so far.  I lost some interest in the first scene of the video when she gets out of the car...thru the door..

i though the General's doors didn't open.
like when the boys put her together they put in a welded roll cage and they could not open her doors.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

i though the General's doors didn't open.
like when the boys put her together they put in a welded roll cage and they could not open her doors.

IIRC the doors were welded shut to keep them from popping open during stunts, or at least that's the way I remember hearing it as a kid. But an any rate, you are correct about them being shut in the TV show.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I voted no, only because I refuse to go to the theater.

I will watch it when it comes out on DVD however.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I liked it.....a lot.

I grew up watching re-runs of the show (born in '86, too late for the actual shows) and was really worried about them butchering it.

I think it turned out well. I certainly laughed right along, and the General sliding around the circle in Atlanta was pretty cool.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#21]
with a review like this "Stupid enough to make Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 and Cannonball Run 2 suddenly seem like paragons of wit and high comedy." No.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#22]
im going to wait untill it comes out on DVD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top