Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2005 9:31:24 PM EDT
IMDb Link

Weird movie.

I picked it up when it showed up in my Netflix recommendations. It wasn't a bad movie, but different than most.

The only actor I recognized in it was the guy from Stargate: Atlantis. He was pretty cool.

All the math in the movie hurt my brain though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it. The math made my eyes and ears bleed.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw it on cable ( IFC )....pretty cool movie , surprized they showed it considering most of their movies are unintelligible foreign crap or "B" movie home films.

P.S.  there is a Cube II movie available too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
And there is also "Cube Zero" too...

"Cube" was kind of a weird flick, but it wasn't boring. I wish a couple of the rooms had had sprinkler systems to wet down Nicole DeBoer's t-shirt, though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I saw him at the Staples Center in '97.  It was slamming, yo.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget Hypercube

I force friends to watch Cube as an evil joke.  There is nothing like watching their faces at the end.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one of those Cheese-grater deals for a security system
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a good movie, I'm just not sure exactly what the fuck was going on.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's a good movie, I'm just not sure exactly what the fuck was going on.

Well, time and space.. and ..

ok just how the hell do you draw a box in 4 dimentions?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw Cube, it was good, and became a cult classic.  Cube II wasn't anywhere near as good.  Cube III (Hypercube) was their attempt at getting back to basics after loosing people over II.  What's next, Cube: The Fourth Dimension?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw Gleaming the Cube.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]
another good movie is "Primer"
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#12]

*Click on the image to go to the site.

Seems there's a fourth movie coming out (I can't find anything on it in Netflix or IMDB though) called Cube: Tresspassed.

I already knew about the sequels. They're next in my queue on Netflix.

Quoted:

Have you seen the movie "Primer"?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:31:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I saw Cube, it was good, and became a cult classic.  Cube II wasn't anywhere near as good.  Cube III (Hypercube) was their attempt at getting back to basics after loosing people over II.  What's next, Cube: The Fourth Dimension?

Cube: The Fourth Dimension (not an actual movie) would actually be Cube II: Hypercube (see the link at the bottom). Althought I haven't seen this one apparently the cube the people are put into in this film i unlike the cube from the first film. There are no "traps" per se; what "kills" people in this film is the cubes various interactions with fourth dimensional space (variations in time, cubes intersecting other cubes within the same plane, etc.). Don't think I actually understand what I'm talking about...

Cube II is titled Cube II:Hypercube
Cube III is titled Cube: Zero

Haven't seen the sequels yet but I was reading some reviews about hypercube which led me to this site.
hypercube "geometry"
Wanna fry your brain? Trying to comprehend 4 dimensional cubes did it for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw this one on SciFi:

Holy crap was it craptactular.  It was worse than teh ghey and the only reason I continued to watch it was because the pain it caused me was worse than the pain I was enduring over an infected ingrown toenail I was dealin gwith at the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw it when it was on Sci Fi.

WEIRD.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I watched it on Sci-Fi a year or two ago and really enjoyed it (the missus hated it ).  I haven't seen any prequels/sequels yet, but I might consider watching them if I find the time...

I've noticed several interesting independent or foreign-film-board sci-fi movies getting their first American runs on cable (esp. Sci-Fi Channel) in the past few years.  I saw a very interesting one late last year called Subterano that was set in a parking garage and involved a VR game run amok  (I got the strong impression it was based on a comic book, but I'd never heard of it before).
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Subterano that was set in a parking garage and involved a VR game run amok  (I got the strong impression it was based on a comic book, but I'd never heard of it before).

Without having seen it, it sounds like a scene from the segment titled Bishop of Battle in the movie Nightmares.

I have yet to see a Sci-Fi original pictures movie that was worthy of watching for more than a few minutes. They run some real garbage on that channel.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
www.uncubed.com/themes/darkside-x/images/header_left.gif</a>
*Click on the image to go to the site.

Seems there's a fourth movie coming out (I can't find anything on it in Netflix or IMDB though) called Cube: Tresspassed.

I already knew about the sequels. They're next in my queue on Netflix.

Quoted:

Have you seen the movie "Primer"?

Do you really want me to explain it to you haha. I will if you want but  youll have to wait until tonight because sleepy time.

IM me for I don't forget if you would like me to send you a simple version of the movie.

ETA: The very very simple brief of the movie. You enter a box and say wait 4 hours, go back into the past with say the lottery number from earlier that day or the day before. Now when you go back into the past you can use those numbers. But you want to be careful not to fuck with shit since it's the past. And that is what happened such as the shotgun scene and so on so just another time travel movie saying dont change you past because you wont know what the future will hold.

At least that my take on  it.

You know since they go back into time already knowing the future they can plan around it but when changes are made they change the future they knew and not are just as lost.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Subterano that was set in a parking garage and involved a VR game run amok  (I got the strong impression it was based on a comic book, but I'd never heard of it before).

Without having seen it, it sounds like a scene from the segment titled Bishop of Battle in the movie Nightmares.

I have yet to see a Sci-Fi original pictures movie that was worthy of watching for more than a few minutes. They run some real garbage on that channel.

I don't think it was a "Sci-Fi original" in any respect other than it first aired here there - IIRC, it was produced by the Austalian Film Board.  I thought it was a very cleverly done, entertaining movie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't think it was a "Sci-Fi original" in any respect other than it first aired here there - IIRC, it was produced by the Austalian Film Board.  I thought it was a very cleverly done, entertaining movie.

Subterano company credits:

Production Companies
Becker Entertainment

Distributors
Blockbuster Video
REP Films

Special Effects
Filmtrix
Phenomena at AAV (visual effects design and production)

Other Companies
The Australian Film Finance Corporation  funding

Guess it wasn't a Sci-Fi "original".

I wasn't too clear on what that title really meant until now. "Sci-Fi Original..." either means Sci-Fi Channel is a licensed distributor of a film produced by another company or they actually produce the movie. Sci-Fi Channel.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I stand corrected on the titles.  I'll be watching the 4th installment.

Quoted:
I saw Gleaming the Cube.

This is what you deserve for even mentioning that flick.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Just finished watchin Cube: Zero... not nearly as good as the first one. Accidentally skipped Hypercube. Still wanna see that one.

This one was way too revealing. The three guys from "upstairs" that come in when Wynn enters the cube... ghey. Especially the character Jax...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Watched Cube 2: Hypercube the other night. Definitely the worse of the three. Having the "quantum "traps" instead of "physical" traps was totally weird. The "acting" was annoying, and the ending was a lame attempt to continue the series that they obviously didn't think enough of to even use in the third movie.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]
If you ever get the chance, watch the ultimate prequel: "Square: The Life of FLAL1A." It's bizarre. Work, church, child-rearing, all the wierd stuff.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#27]
So, I just watched Cube Zero........... I liked it.

That is all
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
That is all

Great review. Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is all

Great review. Thanks for playing.

Oh you want a review huh??  Cube zero is a prequel to Cube,  it gets into alot more detail into what it is and how it works.  Just like all the other Cube movies the ending is what it is all about.  Until you see the end of cube zero, Cube will just never make complete sence.  

Thats the best I can do on a review with out giving away anything.  I can't wait to see if  CUBE:  Trespassed will live up to cube and cube zero.

Edit to add a link to a real review.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Until you see the end of cube zero, Cube will just never make complete sence.  

Re: Wynn and Kazan

One guy posts that the director's commentary says they meant for it to be like this... which I think is totally piss poor filming since they didn't use the same actors. It makes no sense to anyone other than the person who actually listens to the commentary.

I post under satyr_child on IMDb.

Any idea what Tresspass will be about?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Until you see the end of cube zero, Cube will just never make complete sence.  

Re: Wynn and Kazan

One guy posts that the director's commentary says they meant for it to be like this... which I think is totally piss poor filming since they didn't use the same actors. It makes no sense to anyone other than the person who actually listens to the commentary.

I post under satyr_child on IMDb.

Any idea what Tresspass will be about?

Why do they need any of the same actors?   Maybe I missed somthing I will likely watch it again tonight.

ETA about Trespassed, also from uncubed.com

Six perfectly shaped square sides. A door placed in the exact middle of each wall, floor and ceiling. Every door leads to a new room that looks exactly like the others.

A young girl awaken to find herself in this seemingly endless maze of interlocking cubical chambers armed with lethal booby traps. She knows how she got there, but she doesn't know how to get out. She was one of the early victims in this experiment - one of the only ones to escape. This time around she's back on her own. All alone in the worst possible place imaginable.

Last millennium, we were introduced to mankind's equivalent to hell. Five years later, terror got a whole new dimension. Time has passed by, the project was stopped, everybody left. But the places where so many people died are still here.

Sons, fathers, sisters and mothers were killed in an unknown cause of time. The world has got to know. But when evil is no longer being monitored, it can't be controlled.

Would you risk your own life to put the people responsible to justice?

This girl lost so much that she doesn't think twice. It's time to blow the lid off this thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why do they need any of the same actors?   Maybe I missed somthing I will likely watch it again tonight.

>>>>>>>>SPOILTER WARNING<<<<<<<

because it's said that Kazan, the savant from the original movie, is actually Wynn from the end of Cube Zero.
At the end of Cube Zero "they" labotomize Wynn (the monitoring guy who enters the cube to help the "prisoners"). The next scene you see him in the cube with a new group, which is apparently supposed to be the groupd from the original cube and Wynn is supposed to be Kazan. He says the exact same lines about being in a blue room and blah blah blah. At this point it should be obvious why they should have had the original actors for this scene... because otherwise how is anyone supposed to know that Cube Zero is supposed to be a prequel to Cube.

I never heard that part of the commentary and am taking it on the word of the guy who posted it in IMDb/ I think it's easier to swallow the idea that Kazan from the original Cube may have been one of the Cube workers as well, and the end of Cube Zero simply explains how he go the way he is. That when a worker screws up they drill his brain and stick him in with the other victims.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, but he was sentenced to 2 life times so the end might just be showing the first trip back in/his first lifetime.  Then in Cube it was his second trip in/his second lifetime so then his sentence was over and he was allowed out.  I'll look again tonight at the end of zero and begining of cube and report back tonight.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yes, but he was sentenced to 2 life times so the end might just be showing the first trip back in/his first lifetime.  Then in Cube it was his second trip in/his second lifetime so then his sentence was over and he was allowed out.  I'll look again tonight at the end of zero and begining of cube and report back tonight.

Lifetimes? Are you saying the people who "run" the Cube can reincarnate people to serve out more than one life sentence? That's a pretty far fetched theory. But then again so is the whole movie series...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lifetimes? Are you saying the people who "run" the Cube can reincarnate people to serve out more than one life sentence? That's a pretty far fetched theory. But then again so is the whole movie series...

Not quite real lifetimes but more like trips in the cube if you live one life served.  The people at the end of zero are the group for his first trip.  I wondered at the end if they were trying to play it off as the orignal cube group but none of them even looked close.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Not quite real lifetimes but more like trips in the cube if you live one life served.  The people at the end of zero are the group for his first trip.  I wondered at the end if they were trying to play it off as the orignal cube group but none of them even looked close.

That's goes right back to my original statement. I htink it WAs supposed to be the group from the first movie. At least according to some other clown from IMDb who said it was stated in the director's commentary.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#37]
which SGA guy is in it? Rodney?
I saw Cube on sci-fi a few years ago. maybe it's because I wasn't paying full attention but it didn't do much for me
Although I seem to remember Nicole DeBoer being in it, that's enough to make a lot of stuff worth watching
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, Wynn aka Kazan was found in a green room, but he fell through the top door.  There were 4 others in the room when he fell in. In Zero there were 3 others in the room.  The lines are very close but not quite the same.  Time to turn on the commentary on Zero and see what it says.

ETA

He says nothing definite as to whether it is or isn't Kazan.  Just "maybe its showing you that this might be how Kazan came to be.  He says a lot of mights and maybes, like he isn't even sure that Zero was a prequel or not. He also says that he wanted it similar to the original but not exactly.

His shirt did say WYNN on it at the end of Zero.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
His shirt did say WYNN on it at the end of Zero.

Good enough for me. Sounds like thos tards on IMDb don't have a clue, which isn't at all surprising.

Thanks for verifying that.

I'll stick with my original theory then, about Wynn's lobotomy might explain Kazan's background/condition but they're not the same person.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:36:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I saw Gleaming the Cube.

That's what I thought this thread was going to be about. Never heard of this movie - sounds interesting though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Awesome movie. The vignette about the giant rats
scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. Night of
the Lepus
I think it was called.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome movie. The vignette about the giant rats
scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. Night of
the Lepus
I think it was called.

Night of the Lepus was made in 1972. It was about giant rabbits... not rats.

Nightmares was made in 1983. The segment you're thining of was titled "Night of the Rat" and had Veronica Cartwright (the other female) from Alien in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top