Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2018 5:00:37 PM EDT
Trying to pick a new TV for my living room. Preferably 65", 70", or 75". Budget up to $1500-ish

Criteria:

1. No gaming, and very little sports. Mostly cable tv and Netflix/Amazon Prime movie viewing.
2. Prefer wider viewing angles due to room layout, open floor plan. (IPS panel?)
3. Shitty black levels annoy me.
4. Room has large windows on east wall opposite tv but most tv use occurs after sundown.
5. No need for built-in apps or great speakers as I already have a Roku box and AV system for sound.
6. Prefer wide color gamut and full array local dimming, no edge-lit.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
1. DO NOT buy a 55 or 60" Philips "Smart tv" from Wal-mart, unless maybe its a really high end model. The Pic is fine, the smart app/interface SUCKS. Very limited what on it nd what can be downloaded.  Ended up buying a Roku, which we loved anyway.

Go look at them in person and check the angles...

My pref is Visio and Samsung for middle tier TVs. I bought the Phillips on an impulse, failed.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to weed out most and get the best bang for your buck look here. https://www.rtings.com/tv

They have detailed reviews for most brands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top