Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 10:23:34 PM EDT
So when I watch my projector in 16:9 I get glasses of lines that sporadically? appear but when I put it in 4:3 it looks fine. Is it charter or my projector?

I'm using HDMI.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Tiling? Pixalations? Not sure what glasses of lines is. Both of those are breaking of lines when it goes to blocks. Depends if you are old school or new school. And Tiling is the new way of saying shit goes to pixels. Does it happen on both HD and SD shows? If so does it do both on all channels or just certain channels? First thing I can recommend is new HDMI cable. If just HD and nothing on SD then HDMI is first thing else the signal you are getting is just shit with to much noise. Who is you cable company? That helps some.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Lines?  Do you mean interlacing or pixelation?

Interlacing means you probably don't have your cable box set to the right video output.  

Pixelation could be a bunch of things from a crappy cable signal from the provider to an HDMI cable that isn't meeting the bandwidth needs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lines?  Do you mean interlacing or pixelation?

Interlacing means you probably don't have your cable box set to the right video output.  

Pixelation could be a bunch of things from a crappy cable signal from the provider to an HDMI cable that isn't meeting the bandwidth needs.
View Quote
It has something to do with the cable box/company. I pulled out my PS3 and hooked  it up. It worked fine with having to zoom or anything.

The lines 'pop' in and out while watching cable. I set the projector to 1x zoom and they went away but when I set it back to straight 16:9 they come back.

My cable company is Charter. I'm gonna give them a call and see what they say.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It has something to do with the cable box/company. I pulled out my PS3 and hooked  it up. It worked fine with having to zoom or anything.

The lines 'pop' in and out while watching cable. I set the projector to 1x zoom and they went away but when I set it back to straight 16:9 they come back.

My cable company is Charter. I'm gonna give them a call and see what they say.
View Quote
Go into your cable box settings and make sure it's set to 1080P or 1080i.  It sounds like its output is setting to something different than what the projector is displaying.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Go into your cable box settings and make sure it's set to 1080P or 1080i.  It sounds like its output is setting to something different than what the projector is displaying.
View Quote

Now I need to figure out how to do that.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top