Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 12:10:20 PM EDT
If anyone is looking for audio Bible commentaries to listen to on their mp3 player you can download
Chuck Smith's here for free.
I just listened to revelation. He has been around for awhile and is a good bible teacher.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks! I have listened to this guy on the radio off and on for years. This will be a great tool for bible study[eyes going bad].
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Although Reverand Smith often preaches a good law/gospel sermon which should commended, he also teaches decision theology.  He believes that an unconverted human being has a role to play in his own conversion. Lutherans such as myself believe that a person is purely passive in conversion.  Faith is not a decision we make, but it is trust that the Holy Spirit works in us through the means of grace (the gospel in Word and sacraments).   We believe that a person is purely passive in conversion because the Bible describes an unconverted person as spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1, 4-5), spiritually blind (2 Corinthians 4:4), in darkness (Ephesians 5:8, 1 Peter 2:9, Colossians 1:13), and hostile to God (Romans 8:7-8).  A person who is spiritually dead cannot "decide for Christ."  He has no power to do so.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If anyone is looking for audio Bible commentaries to listen to on their mp3 player you can download
Chuck Smith's here for free.
I just listened to revelation. He has been around for awhile and is a good bible teacher.

I have listen to him before.
In fact him or the other Paster at that Church  Brian Brodersen are my favorite Pastors to listen to.

I have asked a few pretty knowable people about him and they did not know him.

I listen to the at work every day for a few moths.    I have gotten away from doing that and I miss it.

I will use that link !   Thanks for the reminder
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I found a Calvary Chapel about 25 min from my house.
I just got back from from are first trip there...........  I think we found are new Church
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got back from from are first trip there...........  I think we found are new Church

Congratulations Glock9mmccw, when you get a chance, let us know what happened over there today!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations Glock9mmccw, when you get a chance, let us know what happened over there today!

Thanks,

SAE

Sure I would like to do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top