Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:00:22 PM EDT
I was reading everybodies thoughts on The Book of Daniel and was wondering what the opinion was on the show Joan of Arcadia. I watched regularly for the first season and thought it was pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
good show, but basically a rip off of the "Oh God" movies

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

that's true but i liked those movies and i liked the show.
Both involve real people.  Sure they are surrounded by extraordinary and their families are cartoonish but the main characters are folks I would not mind being in the same room with.  Joan was Much better than the over sentimental touched by an angel and seventh heaven is off the wall.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's true but i liked those movies and i liked the show.
Both involve real people.  Sure they are surrounded by extraordinary and their families are cartoonish but the main characters are folks I would not mind being in the same room with.  Joan was Much better than the over sentimental touched by an angel and seventh heaven is off the wall.  

yup I liked the movies and the show as well

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO, the show trivializes the nature and glory of God.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No.  These shows humanize him.  There was a time when God formed us out of the dust of the earth and breathed life  into us and we became living souls.  Before the fall people lived in harmony with God.  Now it seems we live to spite him.  There was a time when God bent down and washed our feet and instructed us to do the same to each other.  When these shows are properly done they bring us closer to God to his glory and not our own.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  These shows humanize him.  There was a time when God formed us out of the dust of the earth and breathed life  into us and we became living souls.  Before the fall people lived in harmony with God.  Now it seems we live to spite him.  There was a time when God bent down and washed our feet and instructed us to do the same to each other.  When these shows are properly done they bring us closer to God to his glory and not our own.  

nice sentiment hk!

very well said

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top