User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:34:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
We all go where the Almighty calls us.  

Pastoring a church is a stress ful thing.  ;I wish you well, andwill hold you up in prayer that our God will indeed continue to minister thru you.

Ops
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of work are you going into?

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
There's good money in that field.  My sister worked in mobility systems for the handicapped for seven years.  Plus, it's very rewarding.  You will find you are still in service to others, which should help you heal as you transition.

Pastoring is indeed very stressful.  My heart goes out to you and I don't need to hear you story.  I wish you God-speed on your new journey.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck.  I know you will be successful no matter what field you enter.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck and God speed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent.  May God bless you and your family - may you be well, happy, and at peace.  You have served God faithfully in one capacity for a long time and I am confident you will serve God well in your new job.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
No more Pastor Tom...

BUT... follow His will. When you are doing that, your ministry is greater than any human will motivated one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish you the best.  It sounds like you're seeking His will in everything, so you know you will be blessed.

I was out of the paid minstry for five years.

Now that I'm back in I find I have more energy, more compassion and a better understanding of where the people in the pew are coming from than I did at first.

Ironically, I found it a lot easier to share my faith when I was selling guns than I did/do in ministry.  It seems people are more willing to talk about their beliefs and struggles over a beer than in a church building.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... It seems people are more willing to talk about their beliefs and struggles over a beer than in a church building.

So what's stopping you? That's where the difference is made.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't feel like the time is right yet.  I am at an ultra-conservative church that needs some priority adjustments.  I would rather work on them and get them ALL out sharing their faith over a cold-one than move to soon and find myself moving on.

Also, part of the problem is perception.  Now, when I talk about my faith, people consider it my job and discount my beliefs accordingly.  It's the same as the difference between when your friend tells you about the great new rifle he bought and when the guy at the gun store says the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#14]
That's why I don't regularly attend a church. They are too full of 'Christians'.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Good Luck on your new job Sir
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]
God be with you, Brother!

May He continue to hold you, and all of us, in the Palms of His Loving and Everlasting Hands!

Eric The(Amen!)Hun
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#17]
We all are ministers —  we're constantly ministering out something, whether good or evil. The job of pastor is a tough one though. To constantly care for the spiritual needs of other people is pretty taxing. It's spend, spend, spend all the time. I don't blame anyone for wanting a break from it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Nothing to be scared of instead of selling god you will be selling scooters
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top