Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:48:14 AM EDT
I grabbed my Bible last night and opened it at random.

This is wear my eyes rested:

[[[A Psalm] of David.]]

Psa 144:1  Blessed [be] the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, [and] my fingers to fight:

Psa 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and [he] in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.  

Psa 144:3 LORD, what [is] man, that thou takest knowledge of him! [or] the son of man, that thou makest account of him!  

Psa 144:4 Man is like to vanity: his days [are] as a shadow that passeth away.  

Psa 144:5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.  

Psa 144:6 Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.  

Psa 144:7 Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;  

Psa 144:8 Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand [is] a right hand of falsehood.  

I liked it.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
right on
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
right on

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
David was great.  Everyone gets worked up about Solomon, but David
had some great Psalms.  I like it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
All I know is that someone got smited BIG TIME!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice to know that whatever or whoever comes against us, they're going down. If God is for us, who can be against us and win?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

[[[A Psalm] of David.]]

Psa 144:1  Blessed [be] the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, [and] my fingers to fight:

Psa 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and [he] in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.  

Psa 144:3 LORD, what [is] man, that thou takest knowledge of him! [or] the son of man, that thou makest account of him!  

Psa 144:5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.  

Psa 144:6 Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.  

Psa 144:7 Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;  

Psa 144:8 Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand [is] a right hand of falsehood.  

I liked it.

Sgatr15

Gee... How did you find the time between playing with dolls and your F%$# this F^%$ that posts in the pit. Hypocrite. Shall I quote some of your foul crap?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[[[A Psalm] of David.]]

I liked it.

Sgatr15

Gee... How did you find the time between playing with dolls and your F%$# this F^%$ that posts in the pit. Hypocrite. Shall I quote some of your foul crap?

Elvis, I bet even Sarge does not defend his sins and is seeking to reform. We all have them. There is nothing wrong with someone quoting scripture. Its only if they quote scripture that flies in the face of their lifestyle would make them a hypocrite. Lets say Sarge kept using his language and also quoted scriptures all the time speaking against it. Hypocrisy would be a good charge. Those are his sins and its good to see him in the bible looking to change. I am not defending his foul language or anyone elses. I dont really focus on it and if asked by him, I would rebuke him. I ask teht I geta  rebuke if I do. Not everyone asks for open rebuke.

We are all sinners, therefore no one can quote a scripture? We are to lift each other up with the strengtsh God has given us and if we feel led by the Spirit to share a scripture, we are to do so.

Nothing Sarge quoted there was hypocratic. What you did came from a  personal vendetta and should have been in the pit, not here. You trolled his thread, attacked him personally. What shall we say about you?

If you have that much of a problem with his language, why not address it in a calm manner? Or is attacking your main motivation? Nothing wrong with someone calling a believer out for what appears to be a conflict of their supposed faith. God used a donkey to rebuke Balaam he can use an unbeliever. I think some of the most effective rebukes I ever recieved came from unbelievers. At first I would rebel at the rebuke, but after a while saw that God is Sovereign and in control and now I see the hand of God in just about everything, including a rebuke from a non believer.

If you have such an issue, please handle it in a non emotional and rational manner. Probably in an IM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top