Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2021 7:09:23 PM EDT
Genisis 9:13
13I have set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall [h]serve as a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
View Quote

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before stumbling.
View Quote

I know how these passages  are traditionally viewed.  And never have I heard them mentioned together that I can ever think of.  However would it be not like God to use those who claim to be against him in order to get his message out?  I often pray that God would make himself more visible, his message more clear.  And everywhere we look we see "Pride", and the Rainbow together.  

Coincidence?  

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You can spend your entire life making obscure connections between verses if you try hard enough to confirm your biases.

IMO, that's not the best use of time when approaching Sacred Scripture.

As I've said before, at this point in Christianity the Bible isn't there for you to "discover" anything. The Word and its accurate interpretation are already there, provided by the institution given the sole authority to do so, and that's not you or me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can spend your entire life making obscure connections between verses if you try hard enough to confirm your biases.

IMO, that's not the best use of time when approaching Sacred Scripture.

As I've said before, at this point in Christianity the Bible isn't there for you to "discover" anything. The Word and its accurate interpretation are already there, provided by the institution given the sole authority to do so, and that's not you or me.
View Quote

Oh I know VG,  no one gets to God but through the RCC.   Galileo was a heretic as well.    Also I am glad you know God well enough to know who he has given authority to.  

Do you think it is out of God's ability?  After all it was just a break in the clouds with the sun shining through 312 years after Christ that created the RCC to begin with.  Where in scripture was the sign that Constantine saw?

ETA: what bias am I confirming? I noticed two things together that are both mentioned in scripture.   Something done in masses every Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, I believe we are the end time generation. It seems Daniel, Ezekiel, and the book of Revelation are spot on. Possibly the fifth Trump, Vial, and Seal.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh I know VG,  no one gets to God but through the RCC.   Galileo was a heretic as well.    Also I am glad you know God well enough to know who he has given authority to.  

Do you think it is out of God's ability?  After all it was just a break in the clouds with the sun shining through 312 years after Christ that created the RCC to begin with.  Where in scripture was the sign that Constantine saw?

ETA: what bias am I confirming? I noticed two things together that are both mentioned in scripture.   Something done in masses every Sunday.
View Quote

Oof
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Things much worse than what are happening in our country right now have been happening elsewhere in the world for the last 2000 years.

Don't be fooled into thinking because it's happening HERE that it must be a sign of the end times. The USA isn't special - at least in that way.

Of course, I might be wrong. As another poster said - there are other things to focus on. If it is the end, it's even MORE important to focus on those other things, anyway.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh I know VG,  no one gets to God but through the RCC. I never said this or believe this. 
Galileo was a heretic as well.
Nope, unless you believe the simple narratives thrown out by the simple minded. The truth is that the Church never persecuted him, but rather wanted to investigate his claims before allowing him to send out any falsehoods. Once they verified it...there were no issues. Here's an easy read on this, but there are serious scholarly works on this as well.
The Truth about Galileo and the Church
 Also I am glad you know God well enough to know who he has given authority to.  
I sure do, and you can also. It was told to the Apostles by Christ, passed down through Apostolic Succession, and recorded in Scripture and secular History.

Do you think it is out of God's ability?  
Nope, but I am also not going to ascribe my personal interests, notions, or revelations to God either.

After all it was just a break in the clouds with the sun shining through 312 years after Christ that created the RCC to begin with.
The Church started on Pentecost, and was foreshadowed by Christ when entrusted to Peter in Mt 16:18.
View Quote

inside if you're interested
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't be fooled into thinking because it's happening HERE that it must be a sign of the end times. The USA isn't special - at least in that way.
View Quote

Yup. Every generation thinks they are the ones to discover the end times. That's simply not the case. Even Scripture discusses how there will be many false signs throughout the ages.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I find it not to be a coincidence that these two items, from separate books in the Bible, are being thrust in our faces at this time in history.   The pride is not about any one group.  I see it as his warning to us as a whole that we are coming to a fall.  And the rainbow is just that.  A colorful sign meant to draw our attention,  and remind us of the last time he was this cross with us, and his angels.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I find it not to be a coincidence that these two items, from separate books in the Bible, are being thrust in our faces at this time in history.   The pride is not about any one group.  I see it as his warning to us as a whole that we are coming to a fall.  And the rainbow is just that.  A colorful sign meant to draw our attention,  and remind us of the last time he was this cross with us, and his angels.
View Quote

And so be it. It's a private revelation or an opinion at most, which all of us are certainly welcome to. If you find it a strong connection with some value to your Christian beliefs that's great. I would just be careful not to try and place it on the same level as articles of faith, or universal doctrines.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Things much worse than what are happening in our country right now have been happening elsewhere in the world for the last 2000 years.

Of course, I might be wrong. As another poster said - there are other things to focus on. If it is the end, it's even MORE important to focus on those other things, anyway.
View Quote

The scary thing is it is not just here.  The Pride movement is global.  With the exception of a few countries that will kill them for flying anything that is not a crescent moon.

I recently finished a study guide written in the late 40's.  At that time they believe the nuclear bomb was a sign of God's power.  When else in history has man been so connected to one another since the story of The Tower of Bable.  God confused our languages the scattered us about the world. The internet has undone all of that.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yup. Every generation thinks they are the ones to discover the end times. That's simply not the case. Even Scripture discusses how there will be many false signs throughout the ages.
View Quote

The difference today from all other generations is that this generation has seen the Jews return to Israel and is now a stumbling block for all the world.
The difference today from all other generations is that this generation has seen all the cities and lands listed in Psalm 83 declare their hatred for the Jews and are in a unified Iranian command.
The difference today from all other generations is that this generation has seen the technology to have a one world controlled economic system.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The difference today from all other generations is that this generation has seen the Jews return to Israel and is now a stumbling block for all the world.
The difference today from all other generations is that this generation has seen all the cities and lands listed in Psalm 83 declare their hatred for the Jews and are in a unified Iranian command.
The difference today from all other generations is that this generation has seen the technology to have a one world controlled economic system.
View Quote

You're assuming that the independent Israeli state is a precursor or requisite to the end times. In other words, eschatology is not uniform and most Evangelical, Fundamentalists, and some Protestants (who seem to be the most obsessed with this stuff anyway) are basing their "truths" on when and what they know about the end times from 19th century ideas.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Live your life like Christ is coming today.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
13I have set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall [h]serve as a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
View Quote

View Quote

I know how these passages  are traditionally viewed.  And never have I heard them mentioned together that I can ever think of.  However would it be not like God to use those who claim to be against him in order to get his message out?  I often pray that God would make himself more visible, his message more clear.  And everywhere we look we see "Pride", and the Rainbow together.  

Coincidence?  

View Quote

For fuck's sakes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m sure people have been thinking that end times are right around the corner for a long time

Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Edited ~ medicmandan
View Quote

WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES THIS MEAN?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES THIS MEAN?
View Quote

Like how there is likely always somebody out there thinking he will be coming soon but hasn’t yet

Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Edited ~ medicmandan
View Quote

This isn't GD.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Coincidence?  

View Quote

An interesting question.

Keep in mind that Satan apes/mocks the divine and good, and so too do his minions.

I recall reading, though I cannot recall where exactly, that one of the big reasons for the Flood was the proliferation of sodomy, bestiality, and incest. Hence, it is fitting that a mocking symbol of such a milieu would be the symbol of the rainbow, which is related to the Flood.

As far as pride understood biblically (being above what one is), this is not exactly what the homosexuals mean in a pure manner though they do exhibit it insofar as believing themselves superior to us lowly "breeders". And, in doing so, do exhibit the vice of pride.

St. Thomas Aquinas defines pride as:
I answer that, Pride [superbia] is so called because a man thereby aims higher [supra] than he is; wherefore Isidore says (Etym. x): "A man is said to be proud, because he wishes to appear above (super) what he really is"; for he who wishes to overstep beyond what he is, is proud. Now right reason requires that every man's will should tend to that which is proportionate to him. Therefore it is evident that pride denotes something opposed to right reason, and this shows it to have the character of sin, because according to Dionysius (Div. Nom. iv, 4), "the soul's evil is to be opposed to reason." Therefore it is evident that pride is a sin.
View Quote
ST/II-II/Q162/Art1 (https://www.newadvent.org/summa/3162.htm#article1)

The origins of the Pride events do have an element of diabolical rebellion and disorientation:

It's actually difficult to surmise what exactly motivated Howard and her contemporaries to choose the word "Pride" back in the late '60s as the world the queer community fought to survive in was much different; unfortunately, there is no recorded history (or at least, not that I was able to find in my research) as to why Howard chose "Pride"and why the word stuck so firmly. It's worth considering, though, when we look back on the meaning of the word "pride" itself and its usage within the queer community, just how different society was at the time of the Stonewall riots. For instance, people were regularly jailed for homosexual activity, sent to mental institutions to "cure" their sexuality, and shunned by their families and communities for coming out. In many ways, Stonewall was not a celebration, like many contemporary Pride events, but a revolt against oppressive laws and stifling societal values — a revolt that encouraged us to speak up proudly instead of hide ourselves away.
View Quote

https://www.bustle.com/articles/167359-why-is-it-called-pride-heres-why-the-name-of-junes-lgbtq-festivities-is-significant

What began as a rebellion culminates in a "celebration", not of being higher than the other(society), but of dragging down society so that it engages in inordinate subservience and a cloyingly saccharine level of being obsequious. In reality, the homosexuals have never engaged in an ontological shift "up". They *cannot* reproduce unless they "lower" themselves, they *cannot* escape the reality of self-hatred, they *cannot* be content with tolerance and have moved towards force acceptance (which will not be good enough since it has the same character as a forced apology), etc.

But, as far as your thought on the connectedness of the two verses, it is unlikely to be anymore than a weird coincidence.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Live your life like Christ is coming today.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Honestly I don't worry about signs of the end times until America get disarmed. There is no way to have a one world government with armed Christians in America. That is my sign that it is upon us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honestly I don't worry about signs of the end times until America get disarmed. There is no way to have a one world government with armed Christians in America. That is my sign that it is upon us.
View Quote

What makes you think we won't be disarmed in a series of Russian-Sino thermonuclear flashes 50 years before the tribulation even begins?

Every person's individual end time could be in moments or decades.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What makes you think we won't be disarmed in a series of Russian-Sino thermonuclear flashes 50 years before the tribulation even begins?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

America does not noticably feature in Revelation.  

And God places signs in front of all man to see and know him, and turn to him, and ultimately have no excuse.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You're assuming that the independent Israeli state is a precursor or requisite to the end times. In other words, eschatology is not uniform and most Evangelical, Fundamentalists, and some Protestants (who seem to be the most obsessed with this stuff anyway) are basing their "truths" on when and what they know about the end times from 19th century ideas.
View Quote
Cool. Enlighten me then.
Make the case and cite the Scriptures that lay out the scenario where "the Times of Jacob's Troubles" don't require the Jews to be back in Israel.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cool. Enlighten me then.
Make the case and cite the Scriptures that lay out the scenario where "the Times of Jacob's Troubles" don't require the Jews to be back in Israel.
View Quote

Why would I start there, when we would first have to examine which is the correct context, i.e. Pre-Millennialism, Post-Millennialism or Amillennialism?

The second thing we would have to look at is why are you limiting the Word of God to only "make the case and cite the Scriptures that lay out the scenario where...". Why would you eliminate His mandates to the Apostles, Church, Sacred Tradition etc.?

You are trying to create a false premise and then asking others to prove a false notion in your false premise.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#28]
All I know is that Jonathan Cahn and John Hagee made a big deal of the blood moons and it seemingly came to nothing.  One must be very careful with signs.  The Deceiver can produce false signs as well.  

The biggest sign that people should take note of is that the Jews reestablished their nation in 1948.  For even the most cursory interpretation of end times prophecy that has to be a big one.  Some people look for a third temple to be built; others say it's not necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top