Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:17:42 PM EDT
I have recently come out the other end of a long and dark tunnel. There is a thread in team about it, and in that thread prayers were offered. Now, to make sure there is no misunderstanding I was before then and am still now an extremely skeptical agnostic ar best. I do truly appreciate the offeres and the acts of the prayers anyway as they are a way of showing that people can set aside past arguments (I'll get a little more into that in a second) and offering a helping hand to someone they know only vaguely. It does carry it's intent, I assure you and for those that offered I thank you for them.

I have done a very poor job of letting myself slide into and be caught up by hyperbole in other discussions on this board. I take the full responsibility of that on myself as I should (and in fact do) know better.

My time in the dark led me to reevaluate certain things in my life. I am trying to turn away from my lazier ways and take the time to communicate better. Not just here, but in my everyday life as well. While, I cannot in good concience claim to have found religion (that would be a lie and a terrible disservice even if only I was aware of it...maybe especially so) I can say thank you for reminding me of a somewhat less caustic person I was once upon a time. He's still in here somewhere and I think your prayer offerings have helped me to not find him, but perhaps begin to see where he's gone.

Thank you for your decency, and I apologize for my past omissions of my own.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for your honesty!

Please do not be a stranger here.

Thanks,

SAE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top