Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2009 11:48:25 AM EDT
I just bought a 2005 Acura TSX and the brake rotors are a little warped and need replaced. I am kicking around the idea of getting a performance slotted rotor like these. Will something like this give me OEM reliability and wear but with better brake performance? My other option would be a high quality (Napa) OEM rotor. I will also be upgrading to a performance pad. What pads would you guys recommend? I have heard good things about EBC greenstuff pads and Hawk HP pads. I'm not looking to auto-cross, just looking for good brakes with good performance and good wear for street driving.

EDITED: would also like to add that I like to keep my wheels clean so low brake dust is a plus
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
the more you spend the better. they make some great brake pads that reduce brake dust to almost none, just shop around
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If the rotors are just a little warped, have them machined. That's if they are not below factory specs 19mm or 21mm not 100% sure on that model.. My guess is they are not. Why spend more money, when you really don't need to. Factory pads are quiet, little to NO brake dust, and stop just fine. Unless your a ricer!!!! LOL.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top