Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:47:28 PM EDT
I have a 2000 Xterra SE that has 265/70 R15 tires on it. Can I put a smaller tire on this Xterra model? I noticed that this size was put on this model only. Was there a real reason other than it being a possible option?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, just stick with the same overall diameter.

265 is the width, 70 is 70% width as sidewall height, and 15 is the inside diameter, so overall size is 29.6 inches.

245/75/15 should be very close, probably cheaper, lighter, and improve mileage slightly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  Can I put that size tire on the same rim?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thank you.  Can I put that size tire on the same rim?

Most likely. Is it a factory wheel? Do you know the width?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe it is. I purchased the Xterra used and I was just looking up the info on my model before I posted here. The rims and tire size was an option on the SE version. I hope I can just put a smaller tire on the same rim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top