Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 9:48:18 PM EDT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

An 1800cc Wing through those turns that fast? Not everyone can do that. Well, of course KirkP can do it, but mortals? Not many.

Anyway, this makes me want a big Wing even more....don't care if they're old guy bikes I want one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

An 1800cc Wing through those turns that fast? Not everyone can do that. Well, of course KirkP can do it, but mortals? Not many.

Anyway, this makes me want a big Wing even more....don't care if they're old guy bikes I want one.

In fairness, you are getting kind of old.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Fair enough, I guess I'm long in the tooth.

How do you think I'll look in a denim vest with the patches all over it?

I can't wait to try on my 3/4 helmet with the sportscaster's mic/intercom setup on it, I'm gonna get all the chicks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
impressive vid but it has turned up in many threads before
but not had its own topic so I guess it is not a dupe
always wondered what the chase bike was because it sounds like that guy is working pretty hard to keep up

I sold and got to ride a 08 GL1800 as a bike slinger
It was farging huge but damn it was nice
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough, I guess I'm long in the tooth.

I can't wait to try on my 3/4 helmet with the sportscaster's mic/intercom setup on it, I'm gonna get all the chicks.

I said you were old, not senile.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy I sold that wing to was 68

just saying
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
always wondered what the chase bike was because it sounds like that guy is working pretty hard to keep up

Yeah, that's what struck me watching it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
A repost, but a good one.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
That was pretty good...sounded like the chase bike was dragging on nearly every turn!

I have a hard time staying with it when I'm throwing sparks through the turns...knowing you're just a few more degrees of lean from digging in and high-siding...yikes!

Bryan
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
The chase bike was also a Wing.

Yellow Wolf used to do good videos of people going through Deal's Gap. He sold his Wing, and I think moved back down to Florida. He had an incredible camera setup on his bike.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Yes, you do.
And they're not really "old guy" bikes anymore. Think of them them as fast toys for those of that appreciate the finer things in life.

Quoted:

As cute as ever...

I don't have one of those either. Not sure wearing one makes ya an instant "chick magnet", but I will say that any female that likes riding will really appreciate the comfort of the back seat. And yes.....some, seem rather attracted to it.

I speak from 5 weeks of experience with a new Wing.
It is what it is. Sure, not for everybody, nor is it for every style of riding, but once one gets past the old stereotype stuff, they'll find a smooth, powerful powerhouse machine that is faster than need be for the streets, decievingly fast and agile for its size, and is fun as any two wheeler on the twisty roads.
Factor in the comfort, the quality of the ride, the options for sound and other gadgetry, and ya can't go wrong.
My only regret about buying mine is that I didn't do it years ago when the redesign included the super low center of gravity, and the horizontal 6 cylinder, 1832cc engine was introduced.

Anywho who's not ridden one lately is missing out. They are sweet.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
If you really wanna wring a GL1800's neck, you just have to do two things:

1) Upgrade the suspension.  The stock suspension simply won't cut it.  It's good, but not nearly as good as it could be.  Look into a Traxxion upgrade.

2) Think about taking Lee Park's Total Control seminar/class.

The wing will do some amazing things once the suspension is dial in and you upgrade your skills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top