Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 12:17:47 PM EDT

Both lights are coming off toghether while driving and will go off after turning off and restarting the engine. Sometimes they may not come off for a few days, but there are days when they come off several times and that's very annoying.
Today I went to a repair shop run by a friend of mine; he plugged in the code reader and he found no codes in the computer log. After a few minutes while he was playing with his code reader, the lights came off again but no code popped on the screen. He said that this might be something only the dealer could diagnose with some sort of "program"? (not sure if this was the ter he used)

Any experienced GM / Saturn mechanics around here?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a shop with a Tech 2, GM's factory scanner, or take it to a dealer. If you want to IM me with your town/state and I can check with IATN for a shop that can help you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Possibly a bad "SDM" (sensing and diagnostic module)

The best way to get this diagnosed is to visit a Saturn dealer, and pay them the
usual one hour's labor to diagnose the problem.

Or better yet, take it to your original selling dealer and whine like a stuck pig about it, and ask for possible goodwill assistance/consideration for the repair.

Saturn generally is pretty good with assisting owner's with "out of warranty repairs".

How many miles are on your vehicle? Did you buy it new?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The best way to get this diagnosed is to visit a Saturn dealer, and pay them the

Or better yet, take it to your original selling dealer and whine like a stuck pig about it, and ask for possible goodwill assistance/consideration for the repair.

Saturn generally is pretty good with assisting owner's with "out of warranty repairs".

Purchased new, 78K, always dealer mantained. However I doubt they'll do anything for free. I live in L.A, not some Midwest town where everybody is nice and helpful. The term "repeat customer" doesn't bear any value around here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Purchased new, 78K, always dealer mantained. However I doubt they'll do anything for free. I live in L.A, not some Midwest town where everybody is nice and helpful. The term "repeat customer" doesn't bear any value around here.

You might be beyond the dealer's threshold as mileage is concerned. (75k miles)
But, give it a try. What's the worst they can say, "no".
If I was the service manager, I would do everything I could to help you. Especially for a vehicle that was/is dealer maintained.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
they need to go in and check for possible history codes.

do you have heated seats?? are they still working?? the passenger side air bag is run off a passenger presence system (pps) that is intergrated into the seat heaters. these are a common problem on the Vue line. not sure what year they started it but they are a pan in the ass.

if it is the pps system expect a healthy repair bill!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top